Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Losing Wifi

Junoir Member

Losing Wifi

Hi,
    I have a buzz 3000 basic, it keeps dropping wifi it's a huge pain. I have a chromecast and firetv in the same location without any issues. I have tried it on 2 TVs in different locations of the house. Ethernet works fine, but I am not in a position to run cat5 into that location (it's a rental)

Thanks for your help in advance.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    you will never get a damage deposit back when in a rental,, so drill hole thru the wall and run ethernet

But I never have wifi issues with this box.

Do this.. connect the ethernet and then with it powered on , disconnect etherent and check wifi for results.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 7.2 View Post
    you will never get a damage deposit back when in a rental,, so drill hole thru the wall and run ethernet

But I never have wifi issues with this box.

Do this.. connect the ethernet and then with it powered on , disconnect etherent and check wifi for results.
    I'll try that! But yeah I'm shooting to get that deposit back and even not it's a heck of a pull

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

Lightbulb

If You can Pop out a Corner of a Window Screen, You can run a Line thru that and use some Duct Tape to re-seal...! Just don't BEND the Screen Border or Rip it...!

FYI, there is Flat Cable so it can be run easier thru smaller spaces and can even be run around and down under or up over a door way with ease...!

crazybobs TV Expert
    I have had may people with wireless issues on various devices and the first thing I have them do is get their wireless router as high as they can in the room. Think of an umbrella, the higher it is held the greater the coverage. Also power cycling the router and modem. One thing for sure is that the BuzzTV may have to be plugged directly into the router for a series of updates that it needs to function properly before use.

If you have ducting, run between floors in the fresh air return, then along trim and around door frames as 4me2c suggested.

FYI... wifi will be affected by humidity, but also AC noise (Appliances, power tools, motors).
    Also, if any other wifi sources come into range (cell phones wifi printers etc.).

* I would unplug the Chromecast 1st.

*** ...and always use wired if possible.

Note: Install a wifi analyzer on a smart phone. Then you can see what is going on in each location.
    this is the one I use *****
    Code:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=abdelrahman.wifianalyzerpro"]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=abdelrahman.wifianalyzerpro
    /kens
    Last edited by catz; 09-16-2018 at 09:05 PM.

Junoir Member
    Thanks for all of your help. I just spent a few hours messing with this. I currently have it setup next to the router and still can't connect to wifi. I don't understand I have 4 other android devices in the house that connect fine.

Junoir Member
    Also I did plug it in via Lan and run updates still to no avail on the wifi side

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    get into settings again and turn wifi on..
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    It's on it goes to connect then says it can't. Tried configuring a static ip and still can't connect properly

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast