3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

Question For a More Secure Connection...

Which is the Best Choice :

There are four network locations:

Choose Home network for home networks or when you know and trust the people and devices on the network. Computers on a home network can belong to a homegroup. Network discovery is turned on for home networks, which allows you to see other computers and devices on the network and allows other network users to see your computer. For more information, see What is network discovery?

Choose Work network for small office or other workplace networks. Network discovery, which allows you to see other computers and devices on a network and allows other network users to see your computer, is on by default, but you can't create or join a homegroup. For more information, see What is network discovery?

Choose Public network for networks in public places (such as coffee shops or airports). This location is designed to keep your computer from being visible to other computers around you and to help protect your computer from any malicious software from the Internet. HomeGroup is not available on public networks, and network discovery is turned off. You should also choose this option if you're connected directly to the Internet without using a router, or if you have a mobile broadband connection.

The Domain network location is used for domain networks such as those at enterprise workplaces. This type of network location is controlled by your network administrator and can't be selected or changed.

Note
    If you know you won’t need to share files or printers, the safest choice is public network. (????)

This is within Windows OS...!

Is this a question?

Choosing Public though, also has the most secure Firewall settings and will limit, or slowdown, access to certain sites that may require Cookies etc.
    /kens

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

Yeppers, it is/was a ?

I know there are People with More than One piece of Equipment Hooked thru Wireless Connections that might be Wondering which would be the Most Secure...!

I had a Problem since Monday Morning, and a Funny one at that...! I have been using the Public Option because Now I only have One Laptop and One Android connected to the ISP Modem...! When I was in the Other House, 3beds there were pc's all over the place... Now only one...

Sunday was Fine, Monday AM, I couldn't connect to the Internet, a Splash Page came up saying "Your Account has been Suspended"...! I Thought It was Hacked again so I went thru the Anti-Malware, Anti-Spyware, Virus Protection and the rest...! One problem I had was I couldn't Update any of them as I had no connection even tho the Modem's Green Ethernet Light was Flashing...! Another Funny aspect of all this, My Android Box was working almost Perfect...! The CS rep said something about the Connection being out of sync and They would get someone out asap...! Well, that happened to be Today and after the tech checked the outside box, the equipment inside and spent almost 3 hours on a tablet being connected to "Tech Support" it was finally announced to Me that someone at the ISP had switched a Port that was to My Connection...! Why that happened was beyond the Tech that came out for My Visit...! One Never Knows just what the 7734 is going on...!

Anyway, I Thought I would c/p the 4 setting options as a ? so Others could get an Insight as to what can happen...! Thanks for Your Reply and Answer...! I was Right using the Public Option and Now am sure Others will do the same...! Plus using a "p8s$W0Rd" with lower and UPPER case Letters, Numbers and Special Digits will make it all safer...!

Handy tip for making passwords that appear complex;
    Add your phone number in as part of the password, Just shift for the symbols instead
    ex:
    phone# 5147378542
    Passwd %!$&#&*%$@

So I could make a password something like- Kens%!$&#&*%$@13
    Complex password but easy to remember different versions.
    /kens

Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    Handy tip for making passwords that appear complex;
    Add your phone number in as part of the password, Just shift for the symbols instead
    ex:
    phone# 5147378542
    Passwd %!$&#&*%$@

So I could make a password something like- Kens%!$&#&*%$@13
    Complex password but easy to remember different versions.
    /kens
    I called and you didn't answer.You must not know your phone number.