Master King of every dancefloor asesinopr's Avatar

Read!! Just to be sure, please confirm...

Is this signal loss problem related to the storm coming and/or any other bad weather issues?

Fire From Within

Could be. The server guys won't reveal their location for good reason, but they also use streams from somewhere else. For weather, there isn't much that can be done if they are using satellites. In any case, we never expect to hear from the server guys for "weather" issues.

Please don't beg people to read your threads going forward. They tend to be ignored by staff. Just put a title that is specific to your issue, and it may be answered by staff or one of our helpful members, but never expect to get an answer from the server guys.
    Last edited by dara; 09-10-2018 at 01:38 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    Could be. The server guys won't reveal their location for good reason, but they also use streams from somewhere else. For weather, there isn't much that can be done if they are using satellites. In any case, we never expect to hear from the server guys for "weather" issues.

Please don't beg people to read your threads going forward. They tend to be ignored by staff. Just put a title that is specific to your issue, and it may be answered by staff or one of our helpful members, but never expect to get an answer from the server guys.
    I've seen a channel streamed by OTA and weather affects it as well

Fire From Within

Quote Originally Posted by dishuser View Post
    I've seen a channel streamed by OTA and weather affects it as well
    Good point. Obviously, you won't get that "signal lost" message with OTA (well I guess you can). The key point to the OP is "stuff happens", and we here have no control over that if its feed related, we can only pass info on, if so inclined.

Banned
    Good point. Obviously, you won't get that "signal lost" message with OTA (well I guess you can). The key point to the OP is "stuff happens", and we here have no control over that if its feed related, we can only pass info on, if so inclined.
    also maybe people should stop posting what channel it happens on seeing as with sat ird and card numbers are shown
    no need to draw attention to seeders
    and with ota depending on tv it does show signal lost...at least it does on my samsung's

Master King of every dancefloor asesinopr's Avatar

Sorry Dara, I didn't mean to to that, I just alert because some ppl around always misunderstand what Im trying to say, its not looking for attention. Bu again, sorry if that went wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by dishuser View Post
    also maybe people should stop posting what channel it happens on seeing as with sat ird and card numbers are shown
    no need to draw attention to seeders
    and with ota depending on tv it does show signal lost...at least it does on my samsung's
    I've seen the IRD /Card# Error msg. many times and it worries me just seeing that, and I have no vested interest.
    I would recommend implementing methods to disable the output streams by using flags in the source data when there are problems.
    ...just a suggestion
    /kens

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    I've seen the IRD /Card# Error msg. many times and it worries me just seeing that, and I have no vested interest.
    I would recommend implementing methods to disable the output streams by using flags in the source data when there are problems.
    ...just a suggestion
    /kens
    great idea