Electromagnetic Wrangler Extraordinaire

Perfect player 1.4.8.1

I have 2 boxes a MyGica and a new X96 mini and I have the PP on both of these boxes

but I have a problem PP works fine on the MyGica got the EPG and all of the other sports, movies,
    and all that. The problem in on the PP on the mini the EPG works fine but I can only get the
    all channel menu--how in the hell do I get the rest--PLEASE HELP?????
    If I uninstall it and start over with a reinstall will that fix my problem??? HELP
    THANKS
    P>S> the PP on the mini is 1.4.8.1
    something here

while in guide click <L/R>
    *check that "Adjust Volume with Left/ Right Keys" is disabled

alternately you can use the mouse function, and at top of channel list (beside "All Channels") click the left/ right Arrows
    /kens

Kens, I still can't get off the All Channels. This is what I have download playlist #9632
    In the main menu I have EPG on search channel decoder-default view-list preview no in adaptive sorting, add to favorites and lock channel.
    In general I have play list filled out. In EPG 1 I have that filled out. In GUI I have theme sky and all 3 boxes checked. Under playback I have
    software checked
    and all 3 boxes empty. And last advanced I have the second boxed checked.
    What in the hell am I missing. I am using that Rii8 remote.Thanks
    something here

Now I remember this problem, or you think it's a problem and it normally is more apparent on older 1gig STB's.
    Perfect Player as far as I recall, does not handle playlists of such magnitude as 9600 items.
    Even with a local playlist of ~350 channels, switching from say, Sports, to All Channels, there is about 1-2 second longer delay than switching to other categories.
    So with a full playlist, switching from All Channels to say Movies, requires dumping 9600 channels and guide data, then loading ~3000 Movie channels.
    *Maybe if you wait 5 minutes, it will switch (lol ...sorry!)

I've always recommended using a local custom playlist from the available Templates for TV channels, and a separate 1 for VOD.
    Also it may help uninstalling any useless apps usually installed on new STB's
    You can also try hiding groups using group management mode (never tried it so...) That way you can remove Spanish VOD / TV-Series etc.
    /kens
    Last edited by kens; 09-08-2018 at 09:41 PM.

Kens,
    I uninstalled the PP and re-installed it and I am back to nothing. I am glad that you remembered
    about the 1GB so I guess you need 2 GB like the MyGica. You guys talk about getting old and lol
    well I am 74 and don't have a clue what the hell I am doing. If you can find time can you point my
    in the right direction on how to get what you have in your post #4

where can I find an available template for the TV and one for VOD and I assume you need a donation for that???
    Last edited by 1944; 09-09-2018 at 09:38 PM. Reason: add to post
    something here