Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TV Addicted

Dlite not loading

DLite running the latest FW and SW updates sent out last week was running great, yesterday it wouldn’t boot and load. The Dreamlink graphic displays ok, then it says “loading” with the spinning wheel for apx 5 sec and then it drops the video signal and my tv indictaes there is no signal. I have changed HDMI cables and ports, completed hard reboots on all of my electronics, removed memory cards from the dlite, unplugged the ethernet and tried on a different tv. I have looked all over the box for a hardware factory update pin but can’t see one. I did a quick scan on the internet for any hints and came up with nothing. Hopefully another Dlite user or CaptainKangaroo can provide some advice??

Try booting without internet connection. Works for me.

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by meijvogel View Post
    Try booting without internet connection. Works for me.
    Thanks tried that...”unplugged the ethernet” and I dont have the wifi attached.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    That no signal message usually refers to hdmi cable or connection, yes.
    But with power off, unplug ethernet and power back on and then reattach the ethernet.
    This Dlite I had here did same sorta thing awhile back and plugging in the ethernet into powered on unit did the trick.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 7.2 View Post
    That no signal message usually refers to hdmi cable or connection, yes.
    But with power off, unplug ethernet and power back on and then reattach the ethernet.
    This Dlite I had here did same sorta thing awhile back and plugging in the ethernet into powered on unit did the trick.
    Thx Crazed but no go...I even tried with a different ethernet cable. For clarity, the dlite itself doesnt display a message “no connection”, my tv tells me that which indicates theres no signal coming to the tv. The box is lit green but there is no signal output so I can’t even access the setup menu. On boot up the front light is green then it flashes red and back to green and that’s when it goes for a crap. The last thing I havent tried is to use the AV output to component and not HDMI to see if it can load without using HDMI but I have every cable in the house except this type. I can’t believe there is no external reset button...I don’t think I’ve seen a device without one before. I really hope it’s not pooched already...

TV Addicted
    So I managed to find an AV RCA connector (i knew I jast had to have one in my spaghetti of cables) and after using this for the video output and not connecting the HDMI I get the same results. I can see the boot up Dreamlink logo, it says “Loading” the wheel spins a few times then the video signal is gone. I tried it with and without ethernet connected and plugging in the ethernet as it was booting. Nada Short of finding a way to factory reset Im afraid it might be bricked or something. As I mentioned, I ran the updates from last week and the box had been running beautifully. Not sure if it is a FW or hardware issue at this point.

TV Addicted
    @Capt.Kangaroo I see you have posted a while back a force factory reset file for the T1 that uses the USB to force reset. Can you advise if this would work for the Dlite or if there is a similar file avaialble for this unit. i’m really at a deadend on what else I can try. Thx!

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    That file (which is actually only a command in script to tell the box to do a reset) only works with the T2 and the z7+... from what I understand.
    But it will not hurt your Dlite to try it thou.

What if you hold the power button for a few seconds, does anything happen ?

Another thing to try is keep trying connecting the ethernet while the power is on.
    If you can get it on WiFi first and then plug in the ethernet, that would be best way to try this.

An HDMI switch is another thing that could be tried.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 09-09-2018 at 07:12 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    Thx Crazed, I’ll keep trying the tips you provided. I have tried with ethernet plugged/unplugged as well as wifi adapter/no adapter. Strange stuff....

TV Addicted
    IT’S ALIVE!!!!!! I’ll give cred to Crazed and Capt.Kangaroo for getting me on the right track. I tried the file that CK had posted for the T1 a while back but it didn’t work but the instructions were to use the remote control while trying to boot the usb file. Since the usb file didnt work, I took Crazed’s advice about the power button and held the power button on the remote while the unit was trying to boot and wala!! it worked! It took me doing this 3 or 4 times for it to boot fully. In between attempts I could see different progress screens and finally a screen informing me to connect to the internet. I let it boot and checked a few things and it seemed to be working ok so I decided to shut it down and restart which it did no problem. I dont think Ill do a factory reset unless it starts acting squirrelly. Hope this might help someone else who runs into the same problem....whew

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast