Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fire it up !!

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

fire it up !!

So this last Sunday i missed nascar racing. I usually never miss the races well never to do with a way to watch it.
    I have a paid subscription to a Canadian satellite provider (Bell), also a not so paid sub if you follow my meaning and also have the iptv services.

You'd think with just those 3 services I would never miss nascar.
    Well first off my paid sub was down due to relocation of the equipment. And the iptv channel was not working... and My other sat service was down cause my Dreamlink T5 finally gave up it's HD card (I think its the DL200 card or maybe it's the DL100, not sure anymore). It lost signal anyway. I have the motorized dish with that setup with a Ku-Band and C-Band LNB combo. I can pick up some Ku-Band and C-Band SD signals but not any HD signals on either band.

The T5 is a satellite HD mpeg4 STB , and it's been running here since probably maybe 10 years or more/less.
    I did at one time have extra DL200 cards for these boxes but had since given them to needy homes.
    So I went looking in my Tickle Trunk today, cause I don't wanna miss another Sunday race
    I know I have other T5 box and even a T4 maybe which is mpeg4 SD and would work for HD channels, and also an original Dreamlink HD which had no T designation,,, they just called it a Dreamlink HD.
    I found 2 T5 boxes and 1 HD box and 1 T4 box and a jynx HD box too

BUT I also found a Dreamlink T6 !!

That one is a Hybrid... It has an Android System w/ Kodi Helix onboard, and also has Satellite function (w/mpeg4 HD) and it's 'Back End' system.
    The T6 if any remember had a few issues, Mostly was that it was extensively cloned and it did not get an Android update after the 4.3 version nor did it get a updated Kodi version and of course has became unsupported and obsolete since.

I don't care, it's a relic and I wanted to fire it up !!

So I did.

Got the Playlist Loader working so far.
    It took for-ever and a day to load the channel list thru Playlist Loader but it finally completed and it's working.

Now to get the satellite end working and I will be happy camper... me and my old and way out of date and not very user friendly Dreamlink T6

If anyone has any stories of odd or unique setups that they have done or witnessed lately, please do tell us
    It does not have to be a Dreamlink setup.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 07-04-2022 at 11:37 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

lol thats so cool

atheist you got it up and running and got some time to play with old boxes
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    lol thats so cool

atheist you got it up and running and got some time to play with old boxes
    I had to go thru maybe 30 or 40 remotes packed away in boxes to find the T6 remote.
    It is unique to any other Dreamlink sat remotes, although other Dreamlink remotes will work... but the T6 RCU is unique damn it

Biggest problem with the T6 on the iptv side (besides it's snail pace at loading channel lists) is if you had not loaded a Player app like the Playlist Loader app, or any other Player app in the past then you may be outta luck as the android version and kodi version on this box is so out of date I doubt anything can be loaded, but I have not tried yet. I already had the Playlist Loader Player app onboard from many years ago

I do not remember how the satellite end of it all worked, but I am gonna find out
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

there was a time I was looking for a box that can do both but then iptv started to pick a pace and I moved on from satellite and never got a chance to look into any of those boxes.

can you make a back of copy or put into twrp and pull recovery or theres no such option?
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

there was a time I was looking for a box that can do both but then iptv started to pick a pace and I moved on from satellite and never got a chance to look into any of those boxes.

can you make a back of copy or put into twrp and pull recovery or theres no such option?
    for back up copies, yes maybe , seems i remember something about that
    There was a way to get online thru fttp I think maybe, and store and share copies that way... really not sure anymore but starting to seem familiar.

Mega was another hybrid box back in the day. I have one of those in the Tickle Trunk too
    It was a flop thou. The iptv end did not work so well, or something like that.
    Hard to remember all them years ago.

The Mega team went on to become the Avov team
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 07-04-2022 at 11:59 PM.
    - Frank Zappa

so with dreamlink T6 can you do more than 1 connection at a time with both iptv and satellite or just one each?

so with dreamlink T6 can you do more than 1 connection at a time with both iptv and satellite or just one each?
    the heck if I remember ... lol

With IPTV and this Playlist Loader Player you can add multiple portals. I guess it is what ever the Player allows, same would be true with perfect Player and etc.

The iptv ability on this T6 is only able thru Kodi.
    There is no onboard iptv app like BuzzTV or the dreamlink androids have. And that is partially why it became such an obsolete receiver, cause they never updated it from Kodi helix and the Android OS was from the 4.0 versions.. 4.2.1 OS I think it is onboard

You can not load apps thru apk loading method like a Buzz can
    All and any apps are loaded /installed thru Kodi

Pretty sure there are multiple satellite slots too for multipole services.... but its been awhile since i checked that yet.

The satalitte connection and iptv connection are two separate things.
    Iptv is kodi and sat is Back End

That Back End thing is something not many know about but is a working system.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 07-05-2022 at 12:10 AM.
    - Frank Zappa

oh I so no onboard iptv app. thats sucks
    and all this time I was thinking that there was onboard iptv app beside kodi.

If I remember right, the satellite side to set up that T6 was configured through one of the pvr clients. Tv HTSP client? or something like that. I had stalker client on the T6. But I dont remember if you could you have both pvr clients enabled at the same time. But I'm almost sure to set up the satellites and scan for them channels was done through one of the pvr clients.

I guess was not user-friendly unit for average people then?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast