Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Software Update

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 8.4 View Post
    Dreamlink T1_Plus
    Firmware v2.8.71
    IPTV DOL2 v1.9.71

Dug up my T1_Plus and shown above is what I started with.
    I did get the Updater update first thing. It updated the Update app to version 2.0.4
    I had to do it twice before it stopped asking me t update it.

Then the Update shown as waiting, was the DOL2 v1.9.75
    Since the Firmware was already current, there was no firmware update waiting.

I went ahead and did the DOL2 update and it went fine.
    Dreamlink T1_Plus
    Firmware v2.8.71
    IPTV DOL2 v1.9.75

Star85, i wonder how your firmware came to be like it is and with the 1.9.75
    'firmware v 2.8.49; IPTV v1.9.75'
    That 1.9.75 just came out last week or so

But seems that may be the issue with that box.
    If you are able to contact the dreamlink store guys and maybe they can force load that newest firmware v2.8.71
    I can't explain how it went to v1.9.75 but didn't update the firm. Still no luck and stuck with two green lights on the front of the box with no other activity.

Pardon my ignorance being a newbie to these forms, but who is the Dreamlink store guys I can contact on this? Just grasping at straws here now!

Social Sensei
    Quote Originally Posted by star85 View Post
    I can't explain how it went to v1.9.75 but didn't update the firm. Still no luck and stuck with two green lights on the front of the box with no other activity.

Pardon my ignorance being a newbie to these forms, but who is the Dreamlink store guys I can contact on this? Just grasping at straws here now!
    the box is death

read this it may help you http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...e-please/page5 but i would ask cap too on this one or someone can put more info to this
    Last edited by Marley; 05-25-2019 at 03:44 PM.

Junoir Member
    My box is stuck at update. It installs, reboots and goes back tp update. I tried the reset file, nothing happens. I tried updating several times (at least 30 or so) after rebooting it lands up at update page again. I uninstalled the DOL2 and did factory reset and software reset and installed still same problem of update available. Not able to use. In the mean time I am able to use the DOL but not friendly at all and VOD is not working. when I select VOD in DOL version 1, it always closes the app and goes back to home.

my box is hardwired, I also tried connecting directly at the modem gatewayt to install and still same issue. I even tried connecting to my cell phone (thinking it may be due to ISP blocking or something) in hotspot mode and tried but still same update page issue.

can someone please guide me.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Seems this issue may be in the connection to the update server.
    First thing , check your Market for a app named as '4 in 1' or '4 in 2' or something like that. What that is , is a program to alter the DNS in order to fix the connection issue (with the 4 denoting the DNS numbers, there are 4 of them).
    If you do not see this app in your market, then you can do the DNS change manually thru your router admin access.
    Search online for a tutorial on how to do this if unsure.
    Use a public google DNS for this. The tutorial should show you that as well.

If this does not work, then if you have friends or family with an internet connection, take the box to that location and retry the update.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 06-10-2019 at 12:44 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    I tried it still doesn't get out of update.

Sorry guys, we been a little behind in posting new updates here .
    But here is the latest, just released earlier today.

-October 24 release.
    Firmware Version : 2.8.90 or 1.2.90 (Device dependent)
    Install and use at your own risk. Software cannot be rolled back after installation.

Change Log

Fixes & Improvements
    FIX: System VideoPlayer always defaults to Fullscreen playback.
    IMP: Added ability to log out of Google Account
    * Access from Android Settings > Accounts > ActionMenu > Remove account
    * Mouse cursor mode required
    FIX: YouTube TV app not working on certain models
    * Choose 'Later' if prompted to upgrade YouTube TV

DreamOnline : 1.9.92
    Change Log

New Features
    [DOL] ADD: Live Cloud Timeshift on supported services
    * Start Cloud Timeshift by pressing the |< (prev.) button on the remote
    [DOL] ADD: Hide unwanted channel groups
    * Access group editor from Live > Groups > red hotkey
    [DOL] ADD: VOD/Series Sorting. Sort by Newly Added
    [DOL] ADD: Show current event name in channel history list

Fixes & Improvements
    [DOL] FIX: App crashes a few seconds after connecting to certain portals
    [[DOL] FIX: Cannot connect to certain portals due to HTTP redirection issue
    [DOL] FIX: App crashes when performing VOD search on XC API portals
    [DOL] FIX: Per-channel audio track preference not saved
    [DOL] FIX: EPG Mode preference not saved when switching between portals
    [DOL] FIX: Recordings are overwritten if event name is the same
    General bug fixes and performance enhancements
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

I am experiencing a glitch when attempting to load a portal that is not currently working.
    DOL2 gets stuck with the Cancelling Connection page staying onscreen. I can't exit.
    Powering off works to clear the screen but since that non-working portal is pre-set to connect, then every time I open DOL2 it fails and again is stuck on that Cancel screen.
    So I uninstalled the DOL2 app (v1.9.92) and reinstalled the same version from the Market.
    This way I have a clean slate in the DOL2 Portals.
    - Frank Zappa

-November 6 release.
    Install and use at your own risk. Software cannot be rolled back after installation.

Firmware Version : 2.8.92 or 1.2.92 (Device dependent)
    Fixes & Improvements
    Revert: Default aspect ratio for live streams.
    FIX: Launcher hotkeys not working.

DreamOnline : 1.9.93
    Fixes & Improvements
    Revert: Events reminders.
    FIX: Single EPG time offset issue.

Your 'Update' app will also see a new update as well and it should now be @ v 2.0.10

-January 22, 2020
    Your 'Update' app should now be @ v 2.1.5
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 01-24-2020 at 10:07 PM.
    - Frank Zappa

Question

Forced update in the middle of the night????

I woke up to my unit being off, so I turned it back on with the remote. First, it failed to load DOL2. Then it went into an update totally on its own. I never had that happen before.
    When the update completed, it forced me through initial settings. I thought I lost the whole setup, but no. I found all of my network settings were fine. I manually started DOL2 and everything from there was fine. I did all this half asleep. So today I went back and looked at it. V2.8.92 and DOL2 1.9.93
    That all appears to be correct, but that is what it was before.
    What Happened?
    Don't tell me bad dream. I woke up the wife with all of this.
    Does not make any sense.
    Last edited by AeonFlux; 01-24-2020 at 07:59 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast