Exclamation mag254 wont boot properly with hdmi

i get a on screen message with my infomir loading screen. the message says please use audio 3 imput for dvi connection...the mag box is not convincing the tv that it is using an hdmi connection. please any help? why would it be identifying an hdmi connection as a dvi?

Banned
    did you try another cable?
    or try rca's to reset it?

thanks for your reply dishuser....the box does not have rca's, only hdmi. i did try another cable. one other thing i tried was a different power supply.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    It does have an AV Output
    That uses a cable with one jack (plugs into AV Output) at one end and then splices off into 3 jacks (two audio and one video) at the other end.

This started when you switched TVs , correct ?
    Sounds like a TV incompatibility issue. That can happen.
    What kind of TV is it ?
    Maybe something in the TV settings that is stopping the HDMI to mag communication ?
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa