Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dlite Plus Specs

Everything on Dlite+ is same as T2.
    only difference is memory size.
    1G of DDR4 and 4G of EMMC

Last edited by Capt.Kangaroo; 08-30-2018 at 01:49 AM.
    I gather darkness to please me...

Hey, mine doesn't have Kodi!

Mine came with the following pre-installed apps:
    - YouTube
    - File browser
    - FreeTVPro (This has a preloaded server with a few FTA channels)
    - Teamviewer QuickSupport
    - FlashVPN
    - PIA VPN
    - Aptoide installer (crashes every time you try to install anything)

Great box but I wish the pre-installed apps included Netflix, Terrarium TV, and Kodi instead of all the other stuff.... or at least have a working aptoide installer.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzurp View Post
    Hey, mine doesn't have Kodi!

Mine came with the following pre-installed apps:
    - YouTube
    - File browser
    - FreeTVPro (This has a preloaded server with a few FTA channels)
    - Teamviewer QuickSupport
    - FlashVPN
    - PIA VPN
    - Aptoide installer (crashes every time you try to install anything)

Great box but I wish the pre-installed apps included Netflix, Terrarium TV, and Kodi instead of all the other stuff.... or at least have a working aptoide installer.
    Is that a Dlite Plus or a Dlite ?
    I suppose it must be a Plus model if the File Browser has been included.

The File Browser should be able to install apk files.
    You can find Terrarium TV online easy enough, to install as an apk ... (look for the android version of the Terrarium).
    Put the apk on a USB drive and insert into Dlite, then open File Browser and it should direct you to the USB content. Choose your Terrarium apk and choose INSTALL. Then you will see the Terrarium included in Your Apps menu.... It's that easy

That preloaded FreeTVPro does have a preloaded Playlist but will also work with any M3u playlist and one from our services too (it is an m3u Playlist Player).
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 7.2 View Post
    Is that a Dlite Plus or a Dlite ?
    I suppose it must be a Plus model if the File Browser has been included.

The File Browser should be able to install apk files.
    You can find Terrarium TV online easy enough, to install as an apk ... (look for the android version of the Terrarium).
    Put the apk on a USB drive and insert into Dlite, then open File Browser and it should direct you to the USB content. Choose your Terrarium apk and choose INSTALL. Then you will see the Terrarium included in Your Apps menu.... It's that easy

That preloaded FreeTVPro does have a preloaded Playlist but will also work with any M3u playlist and one from our services too (it is an m3u Playlist Player).
    Definitely a plus model as it has 1GB of RAM and runs Android 7.0

When I try to install an apk through the file browser I get an error that says something like "local app cannot be installed"

BTW it didn't even show the apk until I hit the menu button and searched for it.

I was trying to install Netflix but I'll try again with Terrarium. Thanks.

Just tried it again and get the same error "local app is not allowed to install!"

I don't think there's an option in settings to allow third-party apps either.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzurp View Post
    Just tried it again and get the same error "local app is not allowed to install!"

I don't think there's an option in settings to allow third-party apps either.
    installing locally (thru USB) is not an app install... it needs to be an apk install

Look for the apk for android when searching and finding the terrrarnium
    An apk is more or less a carrier of an app (application).

Without the help of the Kodi platform, your receiver and File Browser can only use an apk file, to then install the app from it.
    You can not directly install an app, without the help of Kodi or other such platforms.

Check the thread below for some explanation on apk installing...
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...-AppInstallers

There will be a setting to allow these installs, not sure where to find it but should be there somewhere.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 08-29-2018 at 02:48 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 7.2 View Post
    installing locally (thru USB) is not an app install... it needs to be an apk install

Look for the apk for android when searching and finding the terrrarnium
    An apk is more or less a carrier of an app (application).

Without the help of the Kodi platform, your receiver and File Browser can only use an apk file, to then install the app from it.
    You can not directly install an app, without the help of Kodi or other such platforms.

Check the thread below for some explanation on apk installing...
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...-AppInstallers

There will be a setting to allow these installs, not sure where to find it but should be there somewhere.

Hey thanks for the continued help but I know what an apk is LOL.. been doing this stuff since android 1.5 (cupcake). Normally I'd just visit XDA but they're not familiar with this box.

Anyway, I put the apk on my USB, open file browser, go to the USB, and it doesn't show the apk. I have to click menu then search for it.

When I find it and click on it, it opens up the installer then gives the error "local app not allowed to install"

There isn't any options in the android system settings to allow apps from other sources nor is there any option under 'developer options' to allow sideloading (yes, I enabled developer options as I like to disable extra animations).

Do you know if there's any way to connect to this box via ADB? If so I can just sideload it from my computer.

If you have this box please try it yourself and let me know if it works for you.

By the way, Kodi technically does not install any apps. It just runs add-ons from within Kodi.

I do not currently have this box
    I will pass this along to the dreamlink guys thou and find out what is the issue.

thnx for the reports dizzurp
    - Frank Zappa

I send a message to Captain.... he will have a look at this and get this passed on to the guys

thnx again dizzurp
    - Frank Zappa

This was a question I was gonna ask, but in the list of pre-installed items, I don’t see play store as being visable.

I highly suspect that because play store isn’t visible, you won’t be able to install APKs by side loading.

As I said it’s a guess on my part, based on other information that I know about a similar box.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast