Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Junoir Member
    Also where would you buy from ? If this site has sponsors will be glad to support. The boxes I’ve looked at are not terribly expensive but maybe i haven’t looked at the right ones

Quote Originally Posted by Smgc View Post
    That’s what i was lookin for right there .. ok so not mag or Nvidia even though they are ok - so narrowing it down more i have buzz. Xtremes and dreamlink If i were to pick one of the three with good support and maybe a little easier to put info into and maybe would record to usb HD which one would i pick ? Fellas I’ve been reading as much as time would allow and this info here is what i couldn’t find - i really appreciate it. I like for this to be kind of hobby i enjoy reading learning playing - used to have a few of those hobbies when i had more time to play - but with no background at all in this it’s hard to get in the game. Again thanks
    All of those you mentioned are great choices. There are reviews written about said boxes in the forums here. Read those and check out the specs to make your decision. Support for those boxes are good to great. Take time to make your choice. We are here for your questions. We just can't tell you what to buy. Thats up to you.
    I gather darkness to please me...

Quote Originally Posted by Smgc View Post
    Also where would you buy from ? If this site has sponsors will be glad to support. The boxes I’ve looked at are not terribly expensive but maybe i haven’t looked at the right ones
    Not a site sponsor but look in the box threads for where to buy.
    I know Dreamlink has "where to buy" and others may as well.
    Do some more reading, you'll find your answers/ Usually in the "Sticky Posts" of said box threads

I just posted where to buy Xtreamz

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer1 View Post
    I just posted where to buy Xtreamz
    thanks farmer...

I would add to the list Formuler Z7+, which is made by Dreamlink. the middleware works great with the providers supported here (NFPS, Rocket, IPTV66), and the android side works well on Kodi. There are also many more apps available in its native marketplace, and also has play store. While we don't discuss other providers on this site, since you mentioned Vader, I will say that the marketplace has an app specific to that provider as well, but would still recommend switching to something like NFPS. picture quality is excellent as well, though I don't know if it has recording or not.

Junoir Member
    I hate to ask but what is nfps ? And i will mention my priority would probably be watching newest movies (Kodi) i assume and then Vader or good iptv support. Recording is just a plus. With that in mind once i know more about the formuler z7 and the xtremes I’m gonna have to read a little more because there is just not enough info mentioned about those two priorities mentioned and not so much on support as far as stuff that will have to be added or downloaded to stb. That worri s me a little because i have yet to successfully load an apk onto pulse ��. Main reason for looking for something easier to load info that makes it work. Yes i probably need more reading because the utube videos just aren’t getting me anywhere with the fire tv. Pulse is not very user friendly and seems nothing I’m looking at doesn’t match up when watching video how tos. Will new box be easier to use ? If one is better than other or support better then that would be probably priority over the rest !

Junoir Member
    Also looking at specs on formuler z7 nothing is mentioned about WiFi. I assume it’s not wireless and will need cable to it. Not a deal breaker just a plus and dang fellas the buzz sounds pretty good too for what i want to do - i believe I’ve been reading too much. Will wait for more input and continue reading but keep suggestions comments coming Thanks

Junoir Member
    And i have to ask about the satellite side of what I’m reading in the stuff — is this anything like the fta boxes from years ago (coolsat comes to mind) that worked with satellite dishes ? Or am i way off - has that made comeback ?? This just keeps getting deeper and deeper

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    they all do WiFi.. some have Wifi built in and some need a wifi dongle, which is an antenna with wifi ability and attached to USB port.
    Dreamlink T2 needs that as well as the Z7+
    I believe the newest T2W has built in WiFi (which is what the W stands for).
    T2W and T1+ and Buzz and Xtreamz and Global all have built in WiFi

You may find some newest movies do come with our VODs thru NFPS, Rocket and iptv66 services... (NFPS is just a nic-name for the service name, it is a very old nic-name and not really used by the actual service anymore).
    All three services we support do come from the main source, which is NFPS

BUT you can't beat the newest additions found thru some Kodi apps thou.

Speaking of apps, you can load apps without going thru Kodi and that is where the apk comes in play.
    An apk is basically just a carrier of an app
    They are very easy to load really. And after the app has been loaded from the apk, then the apk itself can be deleted or leave as is. Deleting it saves some room on your device, it is very small amount of room and so not to worry if not deleted.

Too add an apk, your device needs help.. and that comes in the form of an app installer. You can find various versions of appinstallers thru most onboard markets. Most devices will have a market or an apitode market onboard and can be accessed from the menus. Or look for these appinstallers thru Google Playstore and install them thru there.

I posted this link for you earlier, but here it is again. Click it and that will shed some light on these appinstallers... Just follow the screen prompts when using one of these installers.
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...-AppInstallers

To get started, check the link below... It leads to an apk file which can be installed on most any android.
    Code:
    https://terrarium-tv.en.uptodown.com/android
    Or you can get that same apk to install on windows platform...
    Code:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Terrarium+TV+for+pc&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab
    Then your Player onboard windows should be able to play the content from the app

This all may seem confusing but once you get started and see how things work, it really is very simple stuff

Kodi can be used to host apps and play from Kodi, but Kodi is not needed if you have a Player and an apk version of any given app.

Players are many... Perfect Player is a popular one and works well. Even your windows Player is similar and VLC is another Player and works thru an android device or windows platforms.
    There are not alot of Players that will work with both android devices and windows platforms, but VLC is one and Video Player Lite is another.
    Perfect Player for instance, will only work thru an Android device. There is windows versions of it but I can not get them to work any good.

Dreamlink actually are using 'tweeked' software created by Formular (Z7+ and other models) and not the other way around. Dreamlink boxes are not to be confused with knockoffs or etc thou... They and Formular have a very good relationship and things work well. Formular are actually Eastern Hemisphere boxes or did start out to be , while Dreamlinks are their Western Hemisphere counterparts.
    Openbox iptv box is another example of an iptv box meant for Eastern Hemisphere geographic areas.

Satellite service is long gone and will not be back with these services.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 08-23-2018 at 12:48 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast