Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junoir Member

Need suggestions for buying

I currently use amazon fire with Kodi and a couple of iptv providers a month at a time. Kodi is not as great as it was and having said that i want to buy a box for mostly movies - will keep iptv service for the channels. My question is what box would you buy with considering two options - ease of use because all this is new to me but i don’t mind reading and a recording option like dvr software. I have looked at Nvidia and infomir 256 and a dozen others. I’ve read review after review and read some more. I like plug and play but don’t think that’s an option. So what box would you recommend and why. I appreciate any suggestions.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    when you say for mostly movies, do you mean movies from kodi apps or do you mean movies from our iptv VODs selections ?

If the later then take a look at the Dreamlink models and also take a look at a modified VODs playlist.
    Click the link shown below..
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...ts-VOD-english

I mention Dreamlink for this VODs option because it has playlist portal which works very well with that VODs playlist
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Nvidia works great for me......... I do use Kodi but mostly for movies and tv series I use..... modded Terrarium TV App...modded...Morpheus Tv App.......Modded Mobdro........modded free tv app........modded is that there are no advertizments,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Junoir Member
    Most recent movies and vod as well - i know it will take a little effort for newer and that’s ok. The iptv service is something I’ve just started playing with since setv is gone. Really don’t know what’s available but what’s here looks pretty good. Which box is easiest to find and use the apps. Currently I’m trying Vader and lots of bugs with it using fire tv box and my Kodi hasn’t been updated with anything new in long time and I’ve tried to add apks with no luck but i also don’t know what I’m doing because originally it was set up for me. Which box has the best support ? And easy to update. Do any stb’s auto update ?

Junoir Member
    Also a guide that works would be nice. And i read a little on the mag model that you can use usb hard drive with to record That would be great but not sure it works very well from reading reviews

there are 3 boxes I would suggest
    Xtreamz
    Dreamlink
    Buzz
    all 3 are great boxes read the reviews on these 3 and you will have a great idea what all they have and can do. All 3 are easy to record with
    I don't think you can go wrong with any of these

Junoir Member
    Fellas i appreciate the info - will read some more and probably order one of the three. I have to ask why mag box not mentioned ? If anyone wants to comment and any certain model of the 4 listed above or should i just find latest with the most features ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmer1 View Post
    there are 3 boxes I would suggest
    Xtreamz
    Dreamlink
    Buzz
    all 3 are great boxes read the reviews on these 3 and you will have a great idea what all they have and can do. All 3 are easy to record with
    I don't think you can go wrong with any of these
    and global as well
    it's still being supported

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Mag from Informir are good boxes but have their limitations. They are basically only an iptv box, and with m3u Playlist abilities onboard. But you can't readily add apps or apks or use Kodi or use other Players except what's onboard (which works great anyway).
    They did release a new model not long ago. They are supporting their boxes, but the limitations are ummm... limiting.
    They do great with m3u and with iptv services and recording prolly... (they are the first ones to bring the Stalker (IPTV service 'middleware') into popularity).
    They did release an android model some years ago but it was short lived

These others like Dreamlink, Buzz, Global, Formular and Xtreamz and even Openbox, all use a version of the same Stalker middleware that the Mag first introduced. Thing is with them others, they also all have apk abilities and Kodi and all that comes with all that.
    Mag has it's place and does great for what it does, but lacks the other abilities.

Neivida Shield is one of the better androids, but have not got a middleware onboard so that means that it would need Kodi or some other form to emulate that Stalker or etc... It is kinda on the other end of the spectrum compared to the Mag, where them others mentioned are in the middle and have the greater onboard abilities (besides specs or gaming of course)
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    That’s what i was lookin for right there .. ok so not mag or Nvidia even though they are ok - so narrowing it down more i have buzz. Xtremes and dreamlink If i were to pick one of the three with good support and maybe a little easier to put info into and maybe would record to usb HD which one would i pick ? Fellas I’ve been reading as much as time would allow and this info here is what i couldn’t find - i really appreciate it. I like for this to be kind of hobby i enjoy reading learning playing - used to have a few of those hobbies when i had more time to play - but with no background at all in this it’s hard to get in the game. Again thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast