Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: telephone scams

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

telephone scams

I have recently had three scams come to me over the telephone.

The first one was when I was selling a truck thru kiji (canada)
    I had a guy phone me and said he would buy it at asking price of $6000 Canadian currency but he wanted me to send him 1800 dollars up front to pay for train freight to some place in the states. Of course I said no, but he kept phoning and offered to pay half freight if I sent him the other half right away... lol
    He told me that is how Paypal and ebay work things... but this sale had nothing to do with paypal or ebay... the dumbass!
    I traced the calls and 3 came from Texas and some others came from 2 other states.. scam alert !!

Then about 3 or 4 months ago I got a call from a guy that said he was with revenue canada and that I needed to clear up my taxes immediately as I had done some kind of fraud with my returns. Well at that time I had not done my taxes in a 8 years so I was a bit concerned. But I hung up on him regardless. He phoned back and told me that the rcmp would be paying me a visit unless I paid him an initial fee to get this straightened out. Well I have a good friend that is an accountant and she told me that canadian government does not phone you, nor do they send rcmp to your door about late due taxes... scam alert !!!

I did get my taxes caught up thou thru my accountant and am receiving a refund and do not owe anything

Then just the other day I got a voice mail saying that I was under severance from revenue (they did not say canada thou, just mentioned revenue). It was a recording and they did not mention my name but said I needed to phone a number or court proceedings would be initiated. I did not nor will phone that number... So again, scam alert!!

I was told by a reliable source that they do these scams in hopes of targeting immigrants and or those that do not know any better and scaring them into paying.

So be careful guys and gals of these type of scams... Do not call back these numbers nor give any of your info to them.
    As I said, the Canadian revenue service DOES NOT phone you about taxes nor do they call the RCMP !

Al Capone may have went to jail on tax evasion, but in Canada the government does not come after you with phone threats.
    They may audit you, but that would be something different and in them cases you will know it is not a scam.

Be aware guys and gals that these scams are out there and seem to be getting more common.
    Do not ever give your info to anyone over the phone, in fact if the number is unknown to you then do not even answer it

Stay save and secure guys and gals

Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0FAosDi4XA
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 08-04-2018 at 04:01 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

oh wow lol ...... people fall for this all the time ....... i can see why .... on the state side its the following

: prizes
    : cruse ships
    : credit card offers
    : auto loans & auto warranty
    : pills / medication

thats what i get weekly ...
    knowledge is power , power corrupts all .

Ambassador
    Oh yes my neighbor came out to us in the garage last year.She was literally crying saying the police where coming to arrest he if she didn't pay the taxes she owed.Lol we where not much help to her cause we just laughed and told her to go pack her bags.But these idiots do pray on the elderly and many get scammed so you have to be careful.
    Just tell them to call you on your other # and give them the local police#. They normally don't call back.

yup, you get a lot of those calls from Indian saying that they are calling from IRS or Microsoft and threat you if you don't pay them. little while ago in India bunch of those got busted but they grow fast.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

take it in consideration that kim jong un money 80% of it comes from exploits like these , this is nothing but reverse engineering at its best …. yes I said Kim jong un , the guy building nukes money comes from the united states ….

google while you still can … google will be shut down next ….

google ~> kim jong un gets money from hacking

have a nice day ;D

good bye google.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    good bye google.
    ya right
    hahaha

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    google is your friend

lmao

nobody is smarter then appears... he knows things that no one of us will ever know or comprehend.
    His bark is bigger then his bite, yes.. until you piss him off.. then you and I too will see his bite.
    Do not underestimate nobody !
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 7.2 View Post
    google is your friend

lmao

nobody is smarter then appears... he knows things that no one of us will ever know or comprehend.
    His bark is bigger then his bite, yes.. until you piss him off.. then you and I too will see his bite.
    Do not underestimate nobody !
    He don't bite, do you Nob0dy?He's quite and don't bother nobody

Quote Originally Posted by dishuser View Post
    ya right
    hahaha
    bro it's going to fall ..... look at facebook .. its dead ... its a goverment agency it's DARPA's life log ... amazon is dying ... yes i said amazon ..... you need to pay attention to the stock market ..... google's in trouble for spying on the people & trying to make everyone's life a personal filing cabinet ... all of your info from the DMV & everytime you go to the ATM to get cash you just took a photo of yourself ,,, google stores it for the Government ..... the Government is 100% needed !!!

People like me really exist .... all i do is think about horrible ch!t all day & try to STOP it ......

then i try to explain it to people like you , that have no idea whats really going on in the world .... you choose NOT to know ... just because i know a ch!t load more then you about how this world works .... i wouldn't talk ch1t to me for knowing it ;x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast