Junoir Member

Do I have a dud buzz 3000?

I just got this buzz tv about 2 weeks now. Upon startup, it would freeze and I can't hit any menu or turn it off.
    I have to manually unplug power and plug it back in. After that, it would work fine. It would do this if I turn it off and use it the next day.
    I search and didn't see any issues like this.

I reached out to the seller and they recommend I leave the box on...wouldn't that use power and data?

I have the latest update.

Do a factory reset and start all over maybe the update didnt install correctly
    Lets Go !

Quote Originally Posted by adrunkguy View Post
    I just got this buzz tv about 2 weeks now. Upon startup, it would freeze and I can't hit any menu or turn it off.
    I have to manually unplug power and plug it back in. After that, it would work fine. It would do this if I turn it off and use it the next day.
    I search and didn't see any issues like this.

I reached out to the seller and they recommend I leave the box on...wouldn't that use power and data?

I have the latest update.
    I think as the other poster said it may be an issue with the update. Yes it will use power and data to keep it on, but seems to be a workaround. I have 3 buzz's and one of them freezes like yours does. No issues with the others. All were factory reset with latest updates. I just keep that one on all the time. I also find turning it off completely rather than standby also avoids the freezing.

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggy View Post
    I think as the other poster said it may be an issue with the update. Yes it will use power and data to keep it on, but seems to be a workaround. I have 3 buzz's and one of them freezes like yours does. No issues with the others. All were factory reset with latest updates. I just keep that one on all the time. I also find turning it off completely rather than standby also avoids the freezing.
    What do you mean turn it off completely rather than standby? I turn it off by pressing power on remote. Are you cutting off the actual power?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by adrunkguy View Post
    What do you mean turn it off completely rather than standby? I turn it off by pressing power on remote. Are you cutting off the actual power?
    hold the power button
    you then get 3 options

Quote Originally Posted by dishuser View Post
    hold the power button
    you then get 3 options
    This. Also I think the power icon on the main screen gets you those option too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggy View Post
    This. Also I think the power icon on the main screen gets you those option too.
    ya but they're using remote which is quicker

Junoir Member
    did you fix it .?
    I have the same problem since I bought the box (six months ago)
    thanks

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by littlebird View Post
    did you fix it .?
    I have the same problem since I bought the box (six months ago)
    thanks
    yes, holding down power button and switching it to off solve my issue.

It doesn't freezes on poweruup again.

Junoir Member
    I am facing the same issue of the box freezing. Sometimes even the remote power buttons or any of the buttons on remote would not respond. I restart the unit and then it works fine.
    I have purchased a white basic adapter switch which helps me not to unplug the unit every now and then. Hope this helps.