Junoir Member

Problem with Dreamlink T1 Plus EPG after firmware update

I am having a problem with my Dreamlink T1 Plus box and I am almost certain it started immediately after I installed the latest update for DOL2. When I bring up the EPG guide and press an arrow to change channels nothing happens and eventually I get the message "Dream Online 2 isn't responding. Do you want to close it - Wait / OK".

If I press "wait" the EPG guide will eventually move one or more channel depending on how many times I had pressed the move button, so overall it takes quite a long time to scroll through my favorite list to find out what's on. Once I get logged on to a particular channel the reception is superb.

If I press "OK" the box shuts down and reboots itself, but the EPG reopens with "No Information" against all the channels, which of course means I still can't see what's on. However the strange thing is that whilst the EPG is slowly reloading - I can freely scroll through the No Information channels, but as soon as I come to a channel where the programme information has reinstalled, the scrolling automatically stops (locks) on that channel and I once again get the "Dream Online 2 isn't responding" message.
    I have several times rebooted both the internet and the Dreamlink, including unplugging from the wall socket, but the problem continues.

Has anyone else come across this problem and if so is there a fix?

Even though you updated the Firmware, there is a copy of the Default Factory Firmware, that can be loaded to return your STB to as you received it.
    I don't have a DL, but if you cant find a cure, find the Instructions in the DL Thread to Factory Reset the box.
    You can then try to reload the new Firmware, or turn off auto updates(if possible) and find where you can access the previous version(usually the manufacturer will have a Repository)
    /kens

Junoir Member
    I have two Dreamlink T1 plus boxes. One box started doing exactly as you describe. Very slow going through EPG. Slow in changing channels. Then the box died. Box two began doing the same thing getting slower over time. I was thinking that these boxes are just too old for all the new software? Time to upgrade? Any comments? I was looking at buying the Dreamlink T2 before my no 2 box dies but anyone know if can fix by doing the factory reset mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by rwh46 View Post
    I am having a problem with my Dreamlink T1 Plus box and I am almost certain it started immediately after I installed the latest update for DOL2. When I bring up the EPG guide and press an arrow to change channels nothing happens and eventually I get the message "Dream Online 2 isn't responding. Do you want to close it - Wait / OK".

If I press "wait" the EPG guide will eventually move one or more channel depending on how many times I had pressed the move button, so overall it takes quite a long time to scroll through my favorite list to find out what's on. Once I get logged on to a particular channel the reception is superb.

If I press "OK" the box shuts down and reboots itself, but the EPG reopens with "No Information" against all the channels, which of course means I still can't see what's on. However the strange thing is that whilst the EPG is slowly reloading - I can freely scroll through the No Information channels, but as soon as I come to a channel where the programme information has reinstalled, the scrolling automatically stops (locks) on that channel and I once again get the "Dream Online 2 isn't responding" message.
    I have several times rebooted both the internet and the Dreamlink, including unplugging from the wall socket, but the problem continues.

Has anyone else come across this problem and if so is there a fix?

In your DOL Settings, see if you have a GUI Resolution setting. If so, set to 720 not 1080.
    (This is just for Graphical Info like menus, epg data etc.)
    /kens
    Last edited by kens; 10-18-2018 at 05:18 PM.

Junoir Member
    Thank you kens, I found the videonsettings in DOL2 and there is a way to select 1080 or 720. Mine already had 720 selected. I may try adding a usb memory stick to see if perhaps the system is able to utilize that extra memory.
    in the mean time I’ve odered a T2 to compare with

Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    In your DOL Settings, see if you have a GUI Resolution setting. If so, set to 720 not 1080.
    (This is just for Graphical Info like menus, epg data etc.)
    /kens