Lightbulb Software Suggestion to the coders

Give us the ability to use a separate source for the EPG.

That would solve the EPG issue. It would make a lot of people happy.

These boxes are not open source friendly good luck .
    Lets Go !

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeonFlux View Post
    Give us the ability to use a separate source for the EPG.

That would solve the EPG issue. It would make a lot of people happy.
    You can use a separate epg source if you use m3u option for your portal either by using your own local m3u playlist file or by using the server url. I havent used MAC option for a long time using Perfect Player and now with the DOL option for m3u portal, I have no issues with epg.
    The bigger question is why doesn't the service provider just use an epg source that works like /kens, although /kens is no longer maintaining it, perhaps the service may wish to take it over.....

Quote Originally Posted by 85146 View Post
    You can use a separate epg source if you use m3u option for your portal either by using your own local m3u playlist file or by using the server url. I havent used MAC option for a long time using Perfect Player and now with the DOL option for m3u portal, I have no issues with epg.
    The bigger question is why doesn't the service provider just use an epg source that works like /kens, although /kens is no longer maintaining it, perhaps the service may wish to take it over.....
    If you are using Perfect Player, you need to make a new custom m3u playlist from the new Template I Posted in m3u Section.
    It uses the new Channel naming scheme and includes the new HD channels.

I have posted the new EPG Guide URL that coincides with all the new channels & name changes.

The guide file name is " guide_ks.xml " (so just remove "en" from the URL you are already using).
    /kens

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    If you are using Perfect Player, you need to make a new custom m3u playlist from the new Template I Posted in m3u Section.
    It uses the new Channel naming scheme and includes the new HD channels.

I have posted the new EPG Guide URL that coincides with all the new channels & name changes.

The guide file name is " guide_ks.xml " (so just remove "en" from the URL you are already using).
    /kens
    Thanks /kens for all of your work on the epg, its going to be missed! Just a point of clarification for use of m3u and PerfectPlayer. I have used both my own customized playlist as well as the url to download the playlist from the server. In the past the local file was much faster loading however you dont always know when new channels are added or changed. Recently I have gone back to using the m3u url for the server file for my one box and it loads really quick now and I get all of the channels. So I just wanted to clarify that if using PP you don’t absolutly “need” to make a custom playlist, you can just input the url address.