Post Reserve Your Free Windows 10 Upgrade

Microsoft Windows 10 is going to be released on July 29 this year and is free for users of Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1.

If you are a new user, you will have to pay for Windows 10 but if you own a licensed copy of Windows 7 or 8, then you can reserve your copy of Windows 10 today, and you can download it on launch day.

Reserving your copy of Windows 10 is simple, just follow these steps to get it done. First though, you need to install the latest Windows updates on your PC.

On Windows 8, you can do this by pressing Windows key+C > Settings > Change PC Settings.

Now click Update and recovery on the left pane. Hit the download or install button to update your PC.

On Windows 7, you can do this by clicking on the Start button, type update in the search box and click Windows Update.

In the left pane, click Check for updates. Now select all updates and click Install updates.

After the updates are installed, the Get Windows 10 app should be installed on your computer. This app lets you reserve your copy of Windows 10. Here's how.

Click the Windows icon on the system tray.

Click Reserve your free upgrade.

Enter your email address to receive confirmation of your reservation.

Now you'll see a message that says your upgrade has been reserved. There's a Cancel reservation button on the bottom left here. You can click that if you wish to cancel your reservation.
    My software has no bugs it develops random features.

Pinball Wizard
    Thank you wicked, just reserved it!!

I being using the preview version,can't wait to get the full version thanks for the info.

Hope the start menu goes back to the advertised one because its horrendous in the latest build on windows 10 home preview edition.

get active
    I'm not totally positive but once you give up your Windows 7 for Windows 10, you have it free for a year and then its pay time. I believe its a ploy to get Windows users to give up their Windows 7 license to upgrade to Windows 10 but then after a year, if you still want to use it, you'll have to pay or find another option and going back to your Windows 7 disk will not be an option as you gave them the license when you upgraded. Catch 22 and Microsoft is doing all it can to get as many Windows users to bite and once they do, their stuck with Win 10 loaded and no way of going back to Windows 7 without a different license. To be honest, I've had enough experience with MSDOS and Windows to know not all appears to be as it seems...Windows ME and Vista were nothing but cash grabs that left owners with soap on a rope. I'd advise you to wait until LONG after Win 10 is out, being used and totally evaluated before shelling out or giving up Windows 7 or 8 or 8.1

Probation
    Yes, it’s free. This is a full version of Windows, not a trial or introductory version. It is available for a limited time: you have one year from the time Windows 10 is available to take advantage of this offer.
    so after 1year yes its still no cost if you up date with in the year they posted it on there site

Even after all the above, I still did not have the upgrade icon. After a little searching I found the following site which allowed me to get the upgrade icon.

Code:
    http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-get-the-windows-10-upgrade-icon-if-its-missing/
    BTW: Item number 3 "Quick-Method #2" worked for me on Windows 8.1.
    Last edited by ftabme; 06-26-2015 at 02:08 AM.