Fire From Within

Short review of the Xtreamz X1

I won't rehash what was posted about the specs and capabilities as described by the manufacturer. My focus is whether the box is acceptable for use for IPTV and general viewing.

1. The box itself is pretty hefty and large by comparison to other Android boxes. Some might like that. What it does allow to have more USB ports (4), as well as a standard composite RCA set, in addition to an HDMI port. It also allows for a front LED panel display, instead of just lights. For digital audio (other than HDMI), it uses a coaxial jack, vs. an optical jack. This box also has a front power button, which is handy if you don't have your remote near by.

2. The remote is functional, with relatively larger buttons than other IPTV boxes. However, there is no dedicated 'stop' button. This is not a problem for most IPTV viewing, but if you need to shut down a stream, it would be nice to have that stop button. Android is supposed to shut down apps if not used, but if the stream is just paused, it could start and run concurrently with another stream.

3. Setup is relatively easy, and intuitive if you used other IPTV boxes. You must update this box from verion 1.0.1, which is unusable, but updating should be the first thing this box does when you start up. The box does update pre-installed apps on startup. For those who care, this box is "Not Rooted", but does include Google Play.
    You can side load apks as well. Android version is 6.0.1, which is suffiencient to run most apps. The IPTV app is adequate, and you can record as well to an exterior drive.

4. Picture quality is very good, no issues seen.

All in all, a very satisfactory box for IPTV. It would be nice to have a newer Android version, but that's not a need at this point.

Thanks for the review
    The exit button would be the only button that can be used as a stop button

Fire From Within

A long term follow up...

Maybe I need to do a factory reset, but there seems to be an issue on how this box buffers IPTV. Every so often, the app will freeze in the middle of a long view of a stream, requiring me to change out of that channel. When I changed the MAC assignment to a different box, that particular box had no issues on the stream. I did think it was due to the server, but it probably has something to do with the box.

Another problem I've noticed is when I'm using a different IPTV app, the box does go into an automatic search for updates at random times. I don't recall a firmware update since I've setup the box. Not asking for help here... but I'll admit I haven't been following up on issues within the forum on this box to see if it is a common issue.