So why bother With 2GB Instead of 1GB?

A question that is on many of our minds, and today I hope you answer just that. Should you purchase a box with 1GB or 2GB? Does it really matter how much memory your box has? Does it actually speed things up, and ultimately do you need more?

I’ve spent some time testing a bunch of 1GB and 2GB boxes over the last few months, and the short answer is yes. However here’s a list of things to consider.

Extra memory will help

More memory will improve your general experience
    Some add-ons will load faster ( initial load)
    Navigating through lists with lots of content, especially with thumbnails is faster
    None Kodi apps will run faster such as emulators and games
    Extra memory will NOT fix
    A box with more RAM does not stop buffering
    More ram will not fix broken links, or ISP blocked sources
    It does not make video quality improve
    boot time when powered on is almost the same
    So why bother With 2GB Instead of 1GB?

Ask yourself a few questions first. Is the sole intention of the box to run Kodi? or you want to use it for more? For a simple Kodi install with a few addons, I would say don’t bother worrying.

That said some addons such as exodus, that display thumbnail do slow down after you navigate your way through. Boxes with 2GB are much more responsive.

If you plan to add emulators, games or ( NONE KODI RELATED) apps to the box they will ALL benefit from more memory. We’re talking about microseconds in some case

It’s a personal preference, and while an element of placebo could be in involved. The majority of time, a box with 2GB is just better

So there you go, the answer is yes, ( for most) more is better but be sure to understand what it means in the real world scenario, what it won’t & can’t help to fix!

Here where I live it's $20 cheaper to get the basic buzz. For people that only use Iptv and no other apps I always recommend the basic.

I use a basic buzz and ........kodi......mobdro.....and Terrarium tv ........work very well.....................so I wouldn't say its only good as an IPTV..box

me too i would not say that but again i dont add 200 apps to it like i did when i first started out lol on that one took ten mins to update all apps was yrs back
    Last edited by Marley; 07-12-2018 at 02:49 PM.