Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    Just FYI...
    Feeds from sites such as Amazon Prime, YouTube, etc., are not using the same .ts Transport Protocol.
    The protocol used is more like a file download and can therefore handle occasional data stream latency.
    The program you are watching will load fully in the background, whereas the .ts does not have this kind of large buffer capacity.
    The TV channel you are accessing is not stored on the Server, like YT or AP. It is sent out to a queue of users as addressed packets of data. If your ISP has a 250ms latency on 1 of the hops, well, too late... you have another packet or 2 addressed to you in the pipe.

This format includes a synchronizing clock for the smooth decoding of Video and synchronizing to audio portions of the feed data.
    If the Next packet of data to be decoded is late, to the point of not keeping up with the Clock, you will have a glitch and the process then dumps their buffers, gathers the next few packets and starts the decoding process again.
    Now, depending on the speed of your processors, you can build up a playout buffer in your equipment of decoded and processed Video/Audio/Metadata info.
    HD has almost twice as much processing requirement as SD so this would relate to your Equipment capability to keep up.

...Oops!! Sorry, i'm rambling.
    I'll stop now!
    /kens
    Great info Ken as always.... I was wondering if the ISP was analysing this customers usage and then throttling the iptv transport protocol. It worked well for 15 days and then poof. VOD works as it is another protocol. VPNs are prohibited so we can't test the theory. Crazed 7.2 made a good suggestion but I could not begin to imagine how to set up a local server to help out tonnynells.

Were it me, I'd try a free VPN to test the situation. No, I wouldn't use it to stream the service. I'd just use it to isolate the issue. But you never heard this from me.
    Beginner's Guide for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...-you-should-do

Kodi Options for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?71-Kodi

Check the Announcement Section...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php...-Announcements

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    If you try a VPN and if the IP stays constant, then it will not be an issue, but if the IP keeps changing then that's when it is an issue.
    In other words, connect thru a VPN, but just stay connected long enough to see if the channels are working. Then after that it is up to you how long you want to keep using that VPN, but as I say, if the service sees the IP changing then it will count as a ban count.
    Some VPNs hold the IP for an extended period thou. You'd have to investigate that thou.
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

Yup, he'll know within 20 seconds if the ISP is recognizing and throttling the service. If it is, decisions will have to be made.
    Beginner's Guide for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...-you-should-do

Kodi Options for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?71-Kodi

Check the Announcement Section...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php...-Announcements

Junoir Member
    I know how to solve very easy. Android use "Hola" app ;-) .

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknotpr View Post
    I know how to solve very easy. Android use "Hola" app ;-) .
    worst advice ever

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 7.2 View Post
    If you try a VPN and if the IP stays constant, then it will not be an issue, but if the IP keeps changing then that's when it is an issue.
    In other words, connect thru a VPN, but just stay connected long enough to see if the channels are working. Then after that it is up to you how long you want to keep using that VPN, but as I say, if the service sees the IP changing then it will count as a ban count.
    Some VPNs hold the IP for an extended period thou. You'd have to investigate that thou.
    I am skeptical that ISP's block url address's of independent IPTV providers I don't know but it seems like one of those rumors that are unfounded. i wonder if it is proffered as a cause of stream issues when nothing else is immediately known or as a ploy by VPN services to gain customers.

I'm not intentionally starting a argument I am wondering if anyone has information supporting isp blocking services. i seem to recall Puerto Rico way back when was blocking IKS but other than that i don't remember anything.

Hi all,

Since yesterday night the ping time is better, however the channels still are not working.

TV Addicted
    I wonder about another possibility.... Many ISP's are in what they call "Exhaust". No more nodes to even be able to hook people up. This has happened in my area with my provider. My neighbor can't even get a connection as the only provider is "Full". Is it possible that the traffic is the blame? To illustrate.....

Imagine an eight lane freeway. 4 lanes going downtown, 4 going out of town. (Data going both directions).. When traffic is light one can cut across all lanes to make an exit. One can merge and cross all lanes to the express lane. No problems. Now make that same freeway packed with traffic. You might be able to cross all the lanes to exit or enter, however people will have to brake causing a chain reaction and a traffic jam. Once that starts, it will be felt for quite aways. It could affect people not anywhere near the place where the problem started. And sometimes, you can't make that exit. Sometimes you have to stop when trying to merge until you are let in by someone. Data is the same way. Interchanges are only so big. The freeway is only so wide. With companies being in exhaust across the country, I could see where this could be a problem. And before someone says "I don't have trouble with Netflix", I know people that have. Just not as much but trouble none the less during peak times. And remember, peak times are 3-5 hours apart across the entire country. Depending on where you are going to get to the servers, about the time the peak subsides in the east, it begins in the west, I am not looking for excuses, however I am thinking outside the box and can easily see this being a lot of the trouble. After all. every provider out there tells everyone that service could be affected during peak times. Just something to ponder people. I do not claim to know anything in this world. But I do observe the way things go and the results that are produced.

Hi Tonnynells, Is your ISP based in coax cable, DSL phone, or celular?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast