Post After playlist install only getting UNKNOWN CHANNEL

Just installed the playlist function using VLC. Saved the edited playlist to a PC desktop file. Then copied the desktop file into a
    file (Markplaylist) in storage/userdata/addon_data/markplaylist. If I open that folder, all the channels are there, and they play fine.

Then did clear data/and guide clear data, did IPTV reset, and restarted.

Now under TV or TV/guide, all I get is the correct number of channels but EVERYTHING says 'Unknown Channel', and nothing will play.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    Last edited by 1sikguy; 06-13-2018 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1sikguy View Post
    Just installed the playlist function using VLC. Saved the edited playlist to a PC desktop file. Then copied the desktop file into a
    file (Markplaylist) in storage/userdata/addon_data/markplaylist. If I open that folder, all the channels are there, and they play fine.

Then did clear data/and guide clear data, did IPTV reset, and restarted.
    Now under TV or TV/guide, all I get is the correct number of channels but EVERYTHING says 'Unknown Channel', and nothing will play.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    Is the Kodi addon you are using called "markplaylist"?
    The directory you are indicating is an addon protected directory for Users data for each addon installed.
    You dont put Media files in that location. (unless it is under userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.addon_name/resources/media/playlistfile.m3u etc.)

First, move the file to a common location (like download directory)
    If you are using pvr iptvsimple client disable it, configure m3u location to local file, browse to the file location and select file.
    Save your settings
    Go to Settings/ PVR&LiveTV/ General tab - Clear Data.
    go back and Enable the PVR

ps; I don't know what is VLC playlist method, but there are properly formatted m3u playlist Templates for kodi in the m3u/playlist section.
    maybe that is what the problem is!
    /kens
    Last edited by kens; 06-13-2018 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    Is the Kodi addon you are using called "markplaylist"?
    The directory you are indicating is an addon protected directory for Users data for each addon installed.
    You dont put Media files in that location. (unless it is under userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.addon_name/resources/media/playlistfile.m3u etc.)

First, move the file to a common location (like download directory)
    If you are using pvr iptvsimple client disable it, configure m3u location to local file, browse to the file location and select file.
    Save your settings
    Go to Settings/ PVR&LiveTV/ General tab - Clear Data.
    go back and Enable the PVR

ps; I don't know what is VLC playlist method, but there are properly formatted m3u playlist Templates for kodi in the m3u/playlist section.
    maybe that is what the problem is!
    /kens
    Kens... did what you said, moved the Markplaylist folder to the DOWNLOADS folder. Then disabled Simple Client, and pointed the M3u file to the Downloads folder.
    Still same result... Everything (channels and guide) say UNKNOWN CHANNEL.

Don't know how to convert what I have to a KODI template... need more help here!

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    VLC setup on PC or laptop system

Log onto your code at the service website.
    Delete any MAC that may be attached to your code.
    Then open Playlist options and click on the 'Generic m3u with Options' version.
    Copy the Playlist URL that next appears.

Then open VLC on your PC.
    Press Ctrl+N and paste that Playlist URL
    the VLC splash screen should appear on its own within just a few seconds.

Next is to bring up the channel list.
    The top tabs on the VLC Player, look for VIEW and in the drop down menu > Playlist.

That will be a live playlist and updated thru playlist url. You can also use VLC with an m3u playlist file itself, but your VODs won't be updated that way.
    To open a saved copied of a edited/modded playlist, just simply open VLC on desktop (make it a small window thou and with that playlist also on desktop (desktop is your C drive ),then simply drag and drop the playlist onto the opened VLC

Keep your Playlist as labeled from the source. Do not transfer it to a folder.
    Leave as an m3u text file and on your desktop. (desktop is C drive).

Click on file and view properties to ensure it is file type m3u and a .txt file

There is no epg source addition with VLC, or at least not that I seen in my wandering

Doing all this on an android is bit different and VLC is not an optimal player for an edited or unedited m3u Playlist file (or even from the URL for that matter) on android compared to say the Perfect Player.
    Perfect Player is a better Player option when using the Playlist URL and an EPG source and thru an android via thru your TV

VLC is the best option for your PC or Laptop when viewing an m3u Playlist from a server, but VLC is not so good for android devices.. mostly because the catagories layouts in VOD (there is none) and that EPG thing too
    VLC is great Player to have installed on your android, because other sources can use it when they are searching for a Player... just not so good with an m3u playlist functionality thru android devives
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 06-14-2018 at 01:53 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Here is where I am now...
    1. Found channel problem... In VLC, I had saved the playlist as an XFS file instead of an M3u file. This got the channels listed and playing

2. Problems NOW … Using the Acidjesuz EPG (which worked fine before), I am only getting guide data for about half of the channels. Also tried the Kens13 guide with same problem.

3. Some of the new 9000 HD channels do not play. They are ESPN2 HD, Fox Sports 1 HD, Fox Sports2 HD, NFL HD, CBS Sports HD, and NBC Sports HD .

See my response to your other post...

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...058#post238058
    Beginner's Guide for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...-you-should-do

Kodi Options for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?71-Kodi

Check the Announcement Section...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php...-Announcements