Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    what .......

In this thread I was trying to change the thread title to report a problem solved..
    Today I made my first try at this procedure... I modified, and saved the thread title to read 'Problem Resolved.. No Action Needed'. Post ==> http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...wn-on-portal-3

But upon inspection..
    1. The thread title in the Channel issues section was not changed
    2. The thread title in the What's New section was not changed.
    3. However, if you open up the thread in either section, the title is changed.

This is a BUMMER because the new information will not be seen at first glance by the tech's who need to see it.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Try this..
    Edit post, then use the Go Advanced option and then there should be an option to change thread title.

I just did it like that on that thread you are referring to, just to see it still works like that.
    Problem when I do it like that, it shows that I edited the post. But I have another way to do it too, which does not show the edit notifacation from me
    That way is a secret thou
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 7.2 View Post
    Try this..
    Edit post, then use the Go Advanced option and then there should be an option to change thread title.

I just did it like that on that thread you are referring to, just to see it still works like that.
    Problem when I do it like that, it shows that I edited the post. But I have another way to do it too, which does not show the edit notifacation from me
    That way is a secret thou
    Tried using a change in this post. http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...wn-on-portal-3 I removed 'on portal 3' , used Go
    Advanced , and the same result. The post in Channel Issues and What's New remained unchanged. You can only see the changed version if you open up the post.

This pretty much negates the intent of the original post, making the effort not worth while.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1sikguy View Post
    Tried using a change in this post. http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...wn-on-portal-3 I removed 'on portal 3' , used Go
    Advanced , and the same result. The post in Channel Issues and What's New remained unchanged. You can only see the changed version if you open up the post.

This pretty much negates the intent of the original post, making the effort not worth while.
    so the option of sending a pm to staff isn't viable?

just edit the post/thread with the words "Issue resolved, please change" or something that will explain the request (like we talked about before).

The staff will see that. And it prolly will be faster then sending a PM.. If you send a PM to me about it and I am not online for 24 hours, but other staff are.
    Then them other staff would see the edit and would do as requested., long before I happen to come back online (in this example)

For staff that do not know how to change a thread title, I will let them know.
    Just have to click just over to the right of any thread as seen on the sub-Forum's main page. Then the thread title becomes hight-lited and ready for editing.
    That was the secret
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

DISHUSER How bout I PM you... see how you like it. But out of the thread please. You have nothing constructive to say.
    Last edited by 1sikguy; 06-21-2018 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 7.2 View Post
    just edit the post/thread with the words "Issue resolved, please change" or something that will explain the request (like we talked about before).

The staff will see that. And it prolly will be faster then sending a PM.. If you send a PM to me about it and I am not online for 24 hours, but other staff are.
    Then them other staff would see the edit and would do as requested., long before I happen to come back online (in this example)

For staff that do not know how to change a thread title, I will let them know.
    Just have to click just over to the right of any thread as seen on the sub-Forum's main page. Then the thread title becomes hight-lited and ready for editing.
    That was the secret
    Unclear... on this post for example http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php...Channel-Issues in Channel Issues, I have a
    post about the Paramount Network. Where do I position the cursor and just click to get the title highlighted???

Quote Originally Posted by 1sikguy View Post
    Unclear... on this post for example http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php...Channel-Issues in Channel Issues, I have a
    post about the Paramount Network. Where do I position the cursor and just click to get the title highlighted???
    you can not do it, only site administrators can.
    But that link you have there, is a correct forum page to do it thru

I told yeah, it was a secret
    - Frank Zappa

Lets just call this thread finished. Making a mountain out of a molehill anyway. Probably I'm the only person with this issue
    In the future, if I post a channel as down or freezing, and then I turn on the channel later and all is well, I'll just think 'Hey its fixed' good job!, and move on.
    It'll save me running to the forum, and allow me to concentrate on more important issues.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123