Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hi people, thenks for the help, i tried changeing the time zone to almost fit but it still gets different time on the movies, and osome channels, the epg is not correct, i believe is scrambled or something.I am using an android box, mxq with the rocket emulator.

Quote Originally Posted by cometin View Post
    Hi people, thenks for the help, i tried changeing the time zone to almost fit but it still gets different time on the movies, and osome channels, the epg is not correct, i believe is scrambled or something.I am using an android box, mxq with the rocket emulator.
    Go into Android settings /Date and Time - Set time adjustment to Manual from Internet time.
    Or use Perfect Player and an external guide source
    /kens

Can someone please help? Dreamlink T1. My epg is 4 hours in the past. I can arrow right and see the correct program 4 hours from now. I am already set to Eastern Time Zone USA. What country to set to correct that offset? Azores?

What is Dreamlink thinking with this? They only make this task all but impossible. It requires a lot of guessing and trying. Very frustrating.

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Code:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UTC_time_offsets

TV Addicted
    Adjusting the time zone, doesn’t work for all channels. You may adjust it and it’ll be correct for let’s say channels 300 but when you scroll down or up to different channels it may be off. There’s no perfect fix for the EPG that I’ve come across. For dreamlink boxes.

Legal Ninja
    Would it help if Rocket packed up and skipped out without paying the rent and move over 4 time zones.

If the guide shows some channels correct, but others are off, then the guide data itself has not been properly compiled.
    You will not find a solution to that, besides someone preparing the guide correctly.

Make a custom playlist from the Templates, and use it with Perfect Player for Android, or you could use it with Kodi and the IPTV Simple PVR client.
    Use my guide source
    Code:
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kens13/epg/master/guide_ks.xml
    when you want to watch TV, use Perfect Player or Kodi.
    To watch a Movie, use the DOL VOD.

all guide times are correct and your time will be proper.
    If they ever fix the problem, just go back to the built in App. (No IPTV Resetting reqd)
    /kens

TV Addicted
    Thanks Ken. It’s
    No real bother for me, it’s just the people I have guided here. I’ll let them know about the perfect player work around.

Junoir Member
    There is a fix for the EPG, Note: If your using IPTV Extreme, Perfect Player or any app that has EPG auto time zone, only eastern time, will need to perform the following:
    Iptv extreme: Go to setting and click on EPG auto time zone, you will notice that it will be on 0. Your going to scroll and select -4 and it will automatically setup on is own or just click on force EPG.

Perfect Player: Go to settings and click General then EPG, Enter your IPTV service credentials you will click on time shift and also select -4 click OK and your good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Lfermin View Post
    There is a fix for the EPG, Note: If your using IPTV Extreme, Perfect Player or any app that has EPG auto time zone, only eastern time, will need to perform the following:
    Iptv extreme: Go to setting and click on EPG auto time zone, you will notice that it will be on 0. Your going to scroll and select -4 and it will automatically setup on is own or just click on force EPG.

Perfect Player: Go to settings and click General then EPG, Enter your IPTV service credentials you will click on time shift and also select -4 click OK and your good to go.
    The EPG Problem is only on STB's or App's that use MAC# Authentication & (Stalker(Ministra) Communications Protocol).
    It also is only with the Provider EPG Guide. If you have the option to use an external guide(as in PVR Stalker on KODI), there is no problem.

A proper guide for universal use, will always be compiled using GMT as it's Reference Timezone.
    Most Applications that use guide data, automatically adjust or offset every time listed in the guide data, by the offset from GMT that the local timezone is set to on the device.

What I think the problem is related to, is either the guide data from provider is compiled from multiple sources and combined incorrectly, which would cause some channel data to be correct while others are wrong (That's 1 of the problems I have seen posted by users), and the guide time data is being offset adjusted, probably to the localization of the Provider, then input to the System.

The users application will then offset the times again assuming the times are GMT based.

If using the pool ntp timeserver as a reference for the application, this general command will find the closest timeserver to the user and lock you in to that timezone. (That is why I Posted other Timeservers and the URL to access them).
    *Note: I also posted Secondary Timeservers for North America that are located in each timezone, since you cannot get a specific timezone from the Standard list for USA or Canada. These are Timeservers from universities, ISP's, Network maintenance companies etc., that you can use to lock your App to a specific timezone.
    Apps that do not use the NTP Pool but use the Local time of the STB, will require you to set your Date & Time manually (not Automatic Internet Time sync), then change your Timezone and re-adjust your time accordingly. ** Some STB's will automatically reset your time to auto upon startup, to facilitate Downloading of Updates etc. which require proper time syncing.
    /kens

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast