Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Perfect Player for Android Released (**** New Buffer Feature****)

Perfect Player for Android v1.4.6
    Main reason to upgrade is for the Buffer Size Selection and manual Fill Point capability.
    * you also get a visual progress bar of the buffer fill point. (Shown within the Program Time bar.

* Select Buffer size in Settings/ Playback
    1 – about 15-30 seconds of HD video (*This is the size I recommend)
    2 – twice bigger, etc.
    You can see current buffering progress in info bar and use “Pause” to fill buffer in advance.

Available from Playstore
    I've also posted a copy if you want to side load it
    Code:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/8kzo8d0bja5lpyu/PerfectPlayer-1.4.6.apk/file
    /kens
    Last edited by kens; 05-31-2018 at 05:29 PM.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    cool beans
    And thnx for the upload for us , for side-loading.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    so i really want to try this new setup I have downloaded perfect player just not sure where we put our portal and ussrname and password I am just going to uses kens url for everything else but little advice would be great

Quote Originally Posted by pitboss View Post
    so i really want to try this new setup I have downloaded perfect player just not sure where we put our portal and ussrname and password I am just going to uses kens url for everything else but little advice would be great
    in the playlist channel scripts themselves is where the code and server url are at already, so no need to input that info anywhere else. What you do need to input thru the perfect player is where it can find the playlist (the path to it), either thru the Playlist URL or thru a copy of the list loaded thru USB
    The epg wuld also need the path entered onto the perfect player.

Kens has a link to a video tutural in his post
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...-Player-set-up

or the written version ....
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...Perfect-Player
    Install Perfect Player from apk or googlestore.

Once installed, open it and let it load. Should not take more then a few seconds to load.
    You can use a mouse connected to your device or the devices RCU should work fine as well.

The Setting menu icon should be seen at the top of the screen along with some other icons.
    The Settings is on the far right, and looks like a gear (the same icon for Settings is used with most apps)
    Open Settings to find 6 categories as shown below...
    -General
    -GUI
    -Playback
    -Advanced
    -Defaults
    -Unlock Full Version
    Check those categories and adjust things accordingly. Should not need to adjust anything for the novice user thou.

Open the General tab to find 6 categories as shown below...
    -IPTV data server
    -Playlist ... URL or file path
    -EPG ...... URL or file path
    -Logos directory
    -Plugins directory
    -udpxy server

You can explore all of these categories/tabs, but the ones we want are the Playlist and EPG tabs.
    Open Playlist and enter your server's Playlist URL here.
    If you are using a mouse, you can click on the small folder icon and find the path to your USB. If you have the URL in txt file, you can now click on that and the URL should be pasted in place.
    If not then type in the URL and then use the NEXT key seen on the KB (keyboard).
    Select M3U and add a name for your Playlist (any name will do).
    Then do same for the EPG
    Click OK and your Playlist will start loading.
    Top right of screen you can see the loading bar. That bar may go thru 2 or 3 times before the list appears, depending on the size of the list.
    Open a channel.

You can access that top menu screen anytime by using the menu button on your remote (or when not viewing channels, the Back button will also workk to bring up that menu).
    There is another menu screen accessed from the right hand side of the screen. A mouse will open this menu. If you don not have a mouse, that is okay because all the menu functions seen in this second on-screen menu are also found elsewhere.
    Open up the channel list by clicking OK while viewing a channel. Then scroll all the up that list till you can high lite the top options. A mouse would help here and then you simply click those options instead of having to scroll to the top first.
    Okay, with the top bar high-lited , you will see the arrows which change the categories (Movies, TV and etc...).
    There is also a small folder/file type icon here. Click it to open.
    This where we set EPG to show and a few other things like Add to Favorites.
    Make sure to scroll that menu screen down to see all the icons.

That's it basically to set up your Playlist thru URL
    Browse some of the options to get familiar with this Player.

A connected mouse almost always helps with these setups
    Double click the Exit button or Back button to bring up the Exit Player function.
    Right click mouse should do the same.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 7.2 View Post
    in the playlist channel scripts themselves is where the code and server url are at already, so no need to input that info anywhere else. What you do need to input thru the perfect player is where it can find the playlist (the path to it), either thru the Playlist URL or thru a copy of the list loaded thru USB
    The epg wuld also need the path entered onto the perfect player.

Kens has a link to a video tutural in his post
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...-Player-set-up

or the written version ....
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...Perfect-Player
    Install Perfect Player from apk or googlestore.

Once installed, open it and let it load. Should not take more then a few seconds to load.
    You can use a mouse connected to your device or the devices RCU should work fine as well.

The Setting menu icon should be seen at the top of the screen along with some other icons.
    The Settings is on the far right, and looks like a gear (the same icon for Settings is used with most apps)
    Open Settings to find 6 categories as shown below...
    -General
    -GUI
    -Playback
    -Advanced
    -Defaults
    -Unlock Full Version
    Check those categories and adjust things accordingly. Should not need to adjust anything for the novice user thou.

Open the General tab to find 6 categories as shown below...
    -IPTV data server
    -Playlist ... URL or file path
    -EPG ...... URL or file path
    -Logos directory
    -Plugins directory
    -udpxy server

You can explore all of these categories/tabs, but the ones we want are the Playlist and EPG tabs.
    Open Playlist and enter your server's Playlist URL here.
    If you are using a mouse, you can click on the small folder icon and find the path to your USB. If you have the URL in txt file, you can now click on that and the URL should be pasted in place.
    If not then type in the URL and then use the NEXT key seen on the KB (keyboard).
    Select M3U and add a name for your Playlist (any name will do).
    Then do same for the EPG
    Click OK and your Playlist will start loading.
    Top right of screen you can see the loading bar. That bar may go thru 2 or 3 times before the list appears, depending on the size of the list.
    Open a channel.

You can access that top menu screen anytime by using the menu button on your remote (or when not viewing channels, the Back button will also workk to bring up that menu).
    There is another menu screen accessed from the right hand side of the screen. A mouse will open this menu. If you don not have a mouse, that is okay because all the menu functions seen in this second on-screen menu are also found elsewhere.
    Open up the channel list by clicking OK while viewing a channel. Then scroll all the up that list till you can high lite the top options. A mouse would help here and then you simply click those options instead of having to scroll to the top first.
    Okay, with the top bar high-lited , you will see the arrows which change the categories (Movies, TV and etc...).
    There is also a small folder/file type icon here. Click it to open.
    This where we set EPG to show and a few other things like Add to Favorites.
    Make sure to scroll that menu screen down to see all the icons.

That's it basically to set up your Playlist thru URL
    Browse some of the options to get familiar with this Player.

A connected mouse almost always helps with these setups
    Double click the Exit button or Back button to bring up the Exit Player function.
    Right click mouse should do the same.
    thanks crazed you the best going to give it a shot

TV Addicted
    k i have tried this with watch the video i understand but when i go to get the link that ken post unable to download a file from either link, when i tried from rocket site was able to get m3u file l to work but no epg stumped for now any advice please

which file or files are you having issues downloading with ?
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    they are in ken first post after the video there are 2 links when i put them in address bar all there is a script, no file. when i go to the rocket site and pick a m3u list it asks me to download, this does not happen with ken, for me tried fire fox as well same result. also very unsure of which list to download from rocket i picked generic this is why maybe i am having issues

Quote Originally Posted by pitboss View Post
    they are in ken first post after the video there are 2 links when i put them in address bar all there is a script, no file. when i go to the rocket site and pick a m3u list it asks me to download, this does not happen with ken, for me tried fire fox as well same result. also very unsure of which list to download from rocket i picked generic this is why maybe i am having issues
    there are two generic m3u playlists there. You want the one With Options... Them options include the script for channel logos, and catagories, and channel order and channel IDs and stuff like that.
    You want the one that is with options (or maybe it could be called Generic Plus... but that is the one you want).

That mediafire link kens has here in this thread at first post, is a copy of the newer version of the Perfect player... But do not worry about that , if you have a copy of the Perfect player now and even if an older version, that is okay and stick with that till you get this working,,, then you can upgrade to the newer version if wanted .

Or did you mean this thread --> http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...-Player-set-up

That epg URL seen there (the github one) is not meant to be opened thru browser, it can be but all you will see is a bunch of script... You could study that to become better acquainted at how it works, but .... That is the URL that you copy into your epg slot on the perfect player.

Use the second github URL for a playlist directly from the server.
    If using one of kens custom lists, then use the first github URL link
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 06-20-2018 at 11:53 PM.
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    okay i got it now, my bad i thought those link were for the m3u file, miss read, they are for the epg. got it.. will keep u posted once i have it working, again crazed thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast