Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TV Addicted

Any DL Updates Expected?

Things have been pretty quiet from the DL team on updates. CaptainKangaroo or Mano9423 or any other who may be in the know, are you able to provide any insight if further support and updates are expected or forthcoming for any of the DL line of STB’s, specifically the work they were doing with m3u options and the ability to adjust epg time offset? Thx for any info anyone might be able to provide. I rarely use the Dlite which is a shame, it could be a great box.

Quote Originally Posted by 85146 View Post
    Things have been pretty quiet from the DL team on updates. CaptainKangaroo or Mano9423 or any other who may be in the know, are you able to provide any insight if further support and updates are expected or forthcoming for any of the DL line of STB’s, specifically the work they were doing with m3u options and the ability to adjust epg time offset? Thx for any info anyone might be able to provide. I rarely use the Dlite which is a shame, it could be a great box.
    New update, see sticky
    Last edited by Capt.Kangaroo; 05-31-2018 at 04:13 AM.
    I gather darkness to please me...

TV Addicted
    Thx for the quick follow up CaptainK, I see a new beta update is now available. Ill report back my findings.

its been 15 mins installing should i reboot or let it keep going had reboot now stuck on trying to start
    Last edited by Marley; 06-01-2018 at 03:31 PM.

on start up says lost market the hit ok and stuck on trying to start update reboot again and starting the new install see green bar going update all is great running the beta i was just a few behind thanks all
    Last edited by Marley; 06-01-2018 at 03:43 PM.

wow beta is fast luv epg and looks great work dream team for a box that just show tv this is the number 1 to get fastest i seen yet 10 + on this and i dont say this if not true very good job on this so fast to switch channel and epg is great running the classic

Beta went well.

Yes beta is running nicely here as well
    I gather darkness to please me...

TV Addicted
    Thanks for the update DL team. I think I see a bit of a speed difference but I admit I’m disappointed that I didnt find any of the key updates required to make this box useful. As far as I can see there is still no setting to offset the epg to make the data correct. As many users report in these forums the epg info being fed from the IPTV server is not working in certain timezones. I’m in the ET zone and the guide info is still way off in both normal and UTC modes. Also, there is no UK info. A workaround for this would be to use an m3u playlist but the Portal settings do not allow for a remote epg data source to be used. So, while the update is appreciated, for me the DLite is currently not a suitable unit for the services discussed on this site. I see in the forums for some of the other DreamLink units recommendations to install Perfect Player and use this instead of DOL2 but you can’t install this on the DLite so I guess Ill stick with the ability to use Perfect Player on my old MyGica where a full epg populates and aligns with timezone perfectly.
    Maybe the next DLite update will have some of these features...

Quote Originally Posted by 85146 View Post
    Thanks for the update DL team. I think I see a bit of a speed difference but I admit I’m disappointed that I didnt find any of the key updates required to make this box useful. As far as I can see there is still no setting to offset the epg to make the data correct. As many users report in these forums the epg info being fed from the IPTV server is not working in certain timezones. I’m in the ET zone and the guide info is still way off in both normal and UTC modes. Also, there is no UK info. A workaround for this would be to use an m3u playlist but the Portal settings do not allow for a remote epg data source to be used. So, while the update is appreciated, for me the DLite is currently not a suitable unit for the services discussed on this site. I see in the forums for some of the other DreamLink units recommendations to install Perfect Player and use this instead of DOL2 but you can’t install this on the DLite so I guess Ill stick with the ability to use Perfect Player on my old MyGica where a full epg populates and aligns with timezone perfectly.
    Maybe the next DLite update will have some of these features...
    Yes you can add epg url in m3u section now, if have one there already, get on latest stable (released today)

Delete old playlist, then when go back in epg url is there to add.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast