Threaded View

Pinball Wizard

Death Wish (2018) Movie Review

Genre: Action
    Year: 2018
    Starring: Bruce Willis, Vincent D'Onofrio, Elisabeth Shue, Dean Norris, Kimberly Elise
    Directed: Eli Roth

Plot:

Dr. Paul Kersey is an experienced trauma surgeon, a man who has spent his life saving lives. After an attack on his family, Paul embarks on his own mission for justice.

Laser's Take:
    So it takes some serious guts to make a remake of such legendary status (in my opinion), first let start by stating the differences in both the original Charles Bronson no nonsense Architect Paul Kersey (an everyday Joe) and Bruce Willis Doctor Paul Kersey (seen everything emergency room Doctor) which is a a completely different persona which translated into the movie. The original movie location was New York which is tough and rude while the new version takes place in Chicago...I guess they needed a change , the original had a more violent, no hold barres action, and nudity which was the epitomy of the 70's and early to mid 80's dark action movies ala Dirty Harry where is the wild west and the violence runs rampant, to this 2018 remake where is more contained....seriously they even cut away from some of the violence and gore to a more TV like violence and a obviously non shocking and expected scenes. This new version also contains some scenes such as the bowling ball and AK47 in drawer which is so cartoonish that even my inlaws laught...seriously!! It was hard for me to sympathize with Bruce Willis's Paul Kersey and his perfect white picket fence family even with the loser Brother in law....The detectives were comical and to be honest the best scenes of the movie!
    I would watch this movie just to see any resemblence to a great actor Charles Bronson in it but it had zero, don't get me wrong is not a terrible movie but is not that good either.

Laser's Grade: 4 out of 10 starts
    Last edited by Kimbo; 05-30-2018 at 10:36 PM.