Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

BuzzTv2 app version, Android version & ROM update or Build - explained

-The BuzzTV2 app version (this is the iptv app), it's current version description can be found in sidebar menu when you are in the LiveTV channels.
    While in the Detailed View Channel List, you should see some shortcut icons shown at the bottom of the screen. The Menu icon should show there.
    So on your RCU , click the menu button.
    A side-bar menu will appear. In that side-bar menu and at the very bottom will be the BuzzTV2 app version information listed there.
    This xpl3000 original BuzzTV box that I have here, and it's BuzzTv2 app shows as Version 1.6(117) Updated: 04/30/2018

In this same side-bar menu is an Exit icon.... high-lite that and then hit (depress) the OK RCU button and that exits out of the BuzzTV2 application.
    We want to exit now, because any other info found here while in this BuzzTv2 application, will only pertain to the Buzztv2 app and the server setups and the channels... and will not show, nor have anything to do with Build firmware or Android Operating systems.

Sometimes depending what was the last function performed and even if the side-bar menu is showing, the cursor may not show up in that side-bar menu and so you can not scroll to the Exit icon.
    In that case just hit the Menu button on the RCU again and again one more time and then the High-lite function should now show and you can scroll down to Exit.

-The Android Version will show in a couple places. First try in the Apps menu found on the Main Home screen. Once in the Apps menu, look for the Settings shortcut.
    Then in the Device selections is the About shortcut. Click on that.
    You will see a menu that can be scrolled down.
    Device Name and other things.. and here is the Version, which is the Android version and this one shows currently as 6.0.1
    The Build also shows here. The Build version is the latest ROM update done to the BuzzTv box's Operating System, also called Firmware in some cases.

To see the Android version and the Build version in another menu and with it labeled as 'Android Version' and not just as 'Version', scroll down in that same Settings menu which we had previously looked in the Device line.
    This time, scroll down to the Preferences line and over to 'More Settings' shortcut and click that.
    Then scroll down to the very bottom and you will see System > About device.
    Open that and a similar menu will appear but this time the word 'Android' is is added to the Version name.

The Linux Kernel version can be seen here as well, which is not too important to us and never will be updated. That kernel is the source that the Device's operating system runs off of.

-The Build number is shown here too and is the version number that is given to the last ROM update to the box...and is shown as an ID # and with the date included.
    The one pictured shown below, is from a new update to the xpl3000 boxes that have the Android Operating System versions that were 7.0.1 or higher.
    My Buzz box is version 6.0.2 so I never got this update shown here as it was meant only for boxes with Android version 7 (Mine still shows as V001S901_201712200).

This new ROM update did not change the Android version, it just improved on some things as described in the notes shown.

A ROM update or Build Version includes things like what is shown quoted below...
    Thnx for the quote Znix

Quote Originally Posted by Znix View Post
    Here is a pic of the release notes from the download.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 05-30-2018 at 01:08 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Ambassador
    Brilliantly dissected

Pinball Wizard
    Checking it out now, thanks Crazed!!

Bulletproof
    Thanks Crazed6.0.2

yea mine wont do that

Pinball Wizard
    Using today and notice on the main screen bottom right a power option (on/off) and Clean up accelarator which is AWESOME....

power option (on/off) and Clean up accelarator ...has always been there since day one.............

Pinball Wizard
    I just got mine a few of weeks ago so I'm now noticing!! hope my other boxes had this on it already installed!!

so i cant load this ANDROID NOUGAT 7.1.2 or can i on 6.0.1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    so i cant load this ANDROID NOUGAT 7.1.2 or can i on 6.0.1
    not until you see the file posted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast