Bulletproof

Angry Hacks have been hitting most North American Cities and the world

Just watched both my evening news channels "today" (6:00 p.m.) and both news programs, and what they are saying, Russia has been hitting internet providers every where. They showed how to reset your routers, on both news channels, by just putting a pin or pencil in the reset hole. I did not know if anyone has seen this today so I posted it. Also reset your password as much as you can to stay safe. Just trying too see if anyone has seen this on there tv today ??? Thanks .. andkaal
    Last edited by andkaal; 05-28-2018 at 10:28 PM. Reason: wrong word in

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Code:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/27/technology/router-fbi-reboot-malware.html
    From Inside the Link :

"The F.B.I. has several recommendations for any owner of a small office or home office router. The simplest thing to do is reboot the device, which will temporarily disrupt the malware if it is present. Users are also advised to upgrade the device’s firmware and to select a new secure password. If any remote-management settings are in place, the F.B.I. suggests disabling them.

An analysis by Talos, the threat intelligence division for the tech giant Cisco, estimated that at least 500,000 routers in at least 54 countries had been infected by the malware, which the F.B.I. and cybersecurity researchers are calling VPNFilter. Among the affected networking equipment it found during its research were devices from manufacturers including Linksys, MikroTik, Netgear and TP-Link.

To disrupt the Sofacy network, the Justice Department sought and received permission to seize the web domain toknowall.com, which it said was a critical part of the malware’s “command-and-control infrastructure.” Now that the domain is under F.B.I. control, any attempts by the malware to reinfect a compromised router will be bounced to an F.B.I. server that can record the I.P. address of the affected device."...!

Bulletproof
    I did my Linksys and neighbor did her Netgear. Thanks for your response 4me2c .. andkaal