Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

A Quiet Place (2018)

Director: John Krasinski
    Writers: Bryan Woods, Scott Beck
    Stars: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski, Millicent Simmonds
    John Krasinski and Emily Blunt are husband and wive in their real lives.

Horror / Thriller / Sci-Fi

This is about a family trying to survive in a post-apocalyptic world with these bad, bad, very bad monsters running around.
    These monsters can't see a thing. I don't think they can smell either or they'd have used that in the movie, but didn't.
    But make a sound and they will be on you in an instant. These guys are bad news.

The film starts out with no spoken dialogue, there could not be any or the monsters would come
    The beginning is more like a very quiet family drama. But that did change into a horror, thriller, scfi type movie, wrapped up with a family doing their best to help each other survive.
    Family bonds in this movie... in amongst the horror of it all
    The movie was somewhat predictable, but it kept me interested and at times quiet frightened for this family.
    The monsters were bad dudes but could be killed ... if that had to be... but remember that any sound would draw more monsters and a blast from a shot gun would be a very loud sound
    There were times, it was intensely 'on the edge of your seat' frightening.

On a thriller factor I give this a high score, but in order for it to be anything but a slightly above average all around score, we would have to know for instance, why the military did not take care of these monsters long before it got to the point it was at. this simple family is surviving , why could not an organized force also survive and take these monsters out? None of that was seen or known. It was almost kinda like walking into a movie but we missed the beginning portion of the movie ( I heard a critic say that and is true in this case).
    Some other things that were just not right (little things) but it never really spoiled the movie for me.
    I would watch again regardless, it did set me on the edge at times with the fright .... and Emily Blunt is in it too

Last edited by crazed 9.6; 05-28-2018 at 07:50 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Pinball Wizard
    I going to watch it today, thanks for the review!!

Last edited by crazed 9.6; 10-09-2021 at 12:54 AM.