Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pinball Wizard

Post Cancer Institute Finally Admits Cannabis Kills Certain Types of Cancer

In a recent study conducted by the United States National Cancer Institute, scientists have confirmed that cannabis kills cancer cells and significantly helps with treatment.

A recent study conducted by the US National Cancer Insititute indicates that cannabis may prove to be a rather effective way of battling cancer.

Most people that have somewhat been connected to the medical side of cannabis already know that there are several compounds in the cannabis plant that may be very helpful to humans.

Two of the main cannabinoids that have been tested for medical effects are 9-delta-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD).

According to the report, these two cannabinoids could also prove to have the following effects:

• Anti-inflammatory activity
    • Blocking tumor cell growth
    • Preventing the growth of blood vessels that supply tumors
    • Antiviral activity.
    • Relieving muscle spasms caused by multiple sclerosis.

It has been known prior to this claim by NCI that cannabis is a very effective aid during the cancer treatment process by:

• Negate or drastically reduce Nausea and Vomiting during chemotherapy
    • Stimulating Appetite
    • Providing Pain Relief
    • Assisting as a Sleep Aid Improving sense of well-being
    • Reducing Anxiety

So far, the FDA has not approved cannabis as a valid treatment option for cancer or any other medical condition but that soon may change.

Clinical trials required

There are currently no ongoing clinical trials of cannabis as a treatment for cancer in humans, however, in previous trials we’ve found some amazing results.

So far cannabis and cannabinoids have been studied in clinical trials as ways to manage side effects of cancer and cancer therapies, but never as a treatment for cancer itself.

The only published trial of any cannabinoid in patients with cancer is a small pilot study of intratumoral injection of delta-9-THC in patients with recurrent glioblastoma multiforme.

Cannabinoids may have antitumor effects by various mechanisms, some of which are the induction of cell death, inhibition of cell growth, and inhibition of tumor metastasis.

One study in mice and rats even went so far to suggest that cannabinoids may have a protective effect against the development of certain types of tumors.

Another investigation into the antitumor effects of CBD examined the role of intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) which has been reported to be negatively correlated with cancer metastasis.

It turns out that in lung cancer cell lines, CBD upregulated ICAM-1, leading to decreased cancer cell invasiveness.

Cannabinoids appear to kill tumor cells but do not affect their nontransformed counterparts and may even protect them from cell death.

In another study, CBD has also been demonstrated to exert a chemopreventive effect in a mouse model of colon cancer.

This only shows that the effects of the cannabinoids are not narrowed down to only a few types of cancer.

It would seem that we are still somewhat off in regards to finding the perfect formulation and combination of cannabinoids in order to manage cancer with cannabis.

One thing is certain, cannabis is a much better alternative to opioids and similar drugs for pain management that are handed to cancer patients during their difficult times.

For start, nobody ever died from smoking too much cannabis because cannabinoid receptors, unlike opioid receptors, are not located in the brainstem areas that control respiration.

Although cannabis is considered to be an addictive drug, its addictive potential is considerably lower than that of other prescribed drugs or substances.

Banned
    I've been on CBD and CBN for over a year with success

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    that is so cool dishuser

This is great news all around. I have friends as well that have been seeing results with this.
    So many benefits.

And I don't see a whole big list of terrible side effects.
    You know the kind, like.... Call a Doctor Immediately if Taking this Drug Kills You

The 'side effects' with cannibus are much better
    as Laser posted...
    quote....
    It has been known prior to this claim by NCI that cannabis is a very effective aid during the cancer treatment process by:
    -Negate or drastically reduce Nausea and Vomiting during chemotherapy
    -Stimulating Appetite
    -Providing Pain Relief
    -Assisting as a Sleep Aid Improving sense of well-being
    -Reducing Anxiety
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Banned
    it sure as hell beats going to chemo
    that shit fucks you up bad
    lost 65 lbs in 3 months
    I would take a couple of days off work after each treatment and would still be puking
    now the worst is not feeling my legs
    and gained back the weight

tester
    Yes I no this for awhile now did have a brain Tumor Cananbis oil cure my Tumor I use high thc oil 75 mg and CBC oil.the doctors was surprise my Tumor was gone

Pinball Wizard
    After countless surgeries on my back I was prescibe a cocktail of opiods, for almost 5 years, it destroyed my stomach and mind, I was able to ween off using THC/CBD and know I have been almost 2 years clean and my mind is clear. I'm still battling pain (same amount has with the opiods) but at least i'm not in a fog!!!
    Oh yeah and i sleep better..much better..no need for ambien!!
    Happy that Dishuser and Greg found some relief with this wonderful plant!!

tester
    Thanks laser smoke weed all the time now feeling great hope your doing fine maybe one day it will be the treatment for all types of cancer
    Last edited by greg; 05-28-2018 at 02:52 PM.

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    More :
    Code:
    https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/essential-oils/cannabis-essential-oil.html

thats great news.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

kratom is best for pain but only thing you take more all time like pot too need more but if into opium like i was this is one hell of a thing too try and yes you buy it at smoke shop but cost more think 20 dollars for 80 maybe wrong on that and get red takes day to kick in
    Last edited by Marley; 11-21-2018 at 08:08 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast