Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TV Addicted

Formuler vz dreamlink t1 plus

What can this box do that the dreamlink T1 plus cant do.. ? I had the formuler for about a week now. I also have the dreamlink.. I want to get the best out of my Formuler..So far all of the iptv apps I see doent work for Rocket except for the 1 on the mainscreen.. But I could be wrong because I am new to this box. Any app suggestions? anything that I can get out of google play store? All Im using is my iptv app and Terrium tv and kodi.. any suggestions will be appreciated..

Quote Originally Posted by supaman32052 View Post
    What can this box do that the dreamlink T1 plus cant do.. ? I had the formuler for about a week now. I also have the dreamlink.. I want to get the best out of my Formuler..So far all of the iptv apps I see doent work for Rocket except for the 1 on the mainscreen.. But I could be wrong because I am new to this box. Any app suggestions? anything that I can get out of google play store? All Im using is my iptv app and Terrium tv and kodi.. any suggestions will be appreciated..
    The main difference between the two boxes is the android version...7.1 vs 4.4...and the speed. Having Android 7.1 allows the box to work properly with the latest kodi and other apps that require an Android version higher than 4.4. The extra RAM makes the box a bit faster than your T1+. Otherwise, they are very similar boxes. The MyTVOnline App is virtually identical to DOL2.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    the dreamlink T1 plus can be associated better to the Formuler Z Nano or the Openbox A5_mini, rather then with the Z7+

The Formuler boxes as well as the OpenBox were designed for the European/Asian/African market... while the Dreamlink's were designed for the Western Hemisphere market. But either will work in any geographic region. But the apps you may see onboard (pre-installed) may be geared toward the region the boxes originated from.
    I have used and tested dreamlink boxes with the DOL apps and also A5_mini with the same MOL app as the Z Nano and Z7+ (or any Z Series Formuler boxes, they all have the MOL app).
    The apps pre-installed mostly are the kind you would expect from eastern hemisphere... But adding apps thru sideloading apk files can be done.

Your Z7+ also has many hidden functions that only a developer would come across. And that really is it's main selling feature (mostly seen in Eastern Hemisphere to date thou).
    But as Mano9423 points out, that Z7+ is a powerful receiver on any continent
    The average owner of the Z7+ would have no use for these 'other' functions, unless he were a developer or into sales. These Formulers can be 'tweaked' to make them your own special version of the box.. like with your own logos in the menus and backgrounds and your own created aptiode markets and can make available to your customers (which you can create with apps you add to it) and other things too, which are all so your customers have a Z7+ but with the develpoer's own special touches preinstalled.
    ANd the developer can communicate via networking with any of his receivers he may have out there sold to clients.
    All that is a scratch on the surface as to what these Z7+ and Z Nano models can do.... but like said, it's hardly any use to end user/owner.

Still a powerful box thou for the end user.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 05-17-2018 at 09:46 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    Thanks for the feed back.. I was hoping that maybe there was hidden apps or features on it that I didn't know about.. Most of the times I will order a newer box just to see if its better than the last 1.. Is it other iptv apps on there that is compatible to Rocket ?

TV Addicted
    before I purchased this box I heard in the guide that it will allow u to go back and play what has already been played in the live tv section.. Is this true? if so how, I cant figure it out

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Thanks for the feed back.. I was hoping that maybe there was hidden apps or features on it that I didn't know about.. Most of the times I will order a newer box just to see if its better than the last 1.. Is it other iptv apps on there that is compatible to Rocket ?
    The MYTVOnline app works for Rocket, same as the DOL app for Dreamlink... Mano touched on that already
    You can also install any other m3u Players that will work with Rocket Playlists
    VLC Media Player
    Perfect player
    and many more/
    The box will have compatable Players onboard. How to check that easily is t insert a USB drive that contains a movie file. Open the USB in the receiver's menus and click on the movie and a screen may appear asking which Player you want to use.The Player or players they show on that list will be the ones already installed.

That go back to a previously aired program is probably the 'Catch-up' tv app being referred to... which depends on the iptv provider weather it works or not.

You can install any apps you want thru sideloading. You just need to find the apk version of any particular app you are looking for.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    before I purchased this box I heard in the guide that it will allow u to go back and play what has already been played in the live tv section.. Is this true? if so how, I cant figure it out
    That part is based on if the server supports tv catchup. If tv catchup is available for certain channels then you will see a small play icon while scrolling down the channel list. Highlight the channel with red play icon and press right > button and catchup will open up.

TV Addicted
    ok.. Thanks desiboy

TV Addicted
    I think I understand what u are saying crazed.. I never delt with any type of "player" before.. im in the learning process.. I just got into inserting a flash drive in it.. I been using the MYTVONLINE app ,, the only difference from that and DOL is the channel list.. all the stations are on different channels

I think I understand what u are saying crazed.. I never delt with any type of "player" before.. im in the learning process.. I just got into inserting a flash drive in it.. I been using the MYTVONLINE app ,, the only difference from that and DOL is the channel list.. all the stations are on different channels
    That shouldn't be the case. The provider sets the channel order, not the box. Maybe check in your settings and see if you have Channel Numbering off or on, that could make the numbering seem different between the two apps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast