Pinball Wizard

'SCTV' Reunion - Bob and Doug McKenzie ARE BACK

Rick Moranis will be part of an upcoming reunion special for the sketch comedy series "SCTV" in Toronto.

Organizers say Moranis is confirmed to join previously announced "SCTV" cast members Joe Flaherty, Eugene Levy, Andrea Martin, Catherine O'Hara, Martin Short and Dave Thomas.

Moranis hasn't been as visible on the public stage as some of the other cast members in recent years and wasn't initially expected to be a part of the reunion.

Meanwhile, CTV has announced it's joining Netflix to become the exclusive Canadian broadcast partner of the special, which will air in 2019.

Martin Scorsese will direct the special, which explores the enduring legacy of the Emmy Award-winning Canadian series "Second City Television."

On Sunday, late-night TV host Jimmy Kimmel will moderate "An Afternoon with SCTV" panel taping in front of a live audience at the Elgin Theatre in Toronto.

"SCTV" ran from 1976 to 1984 and helped launch the careers of many famed international comic legends, including the late John Candy and Harold Ramis.

The special will air on Netflix in all territories, with the exception of Canada, where it will premiere exclusively on CTV.

Following CTV's airing, the special will be available exclusively on Netflix in Canada and worldwide.

I loved SCTV. Such a great show. Many o' great "future stars" began their careers there.
    I gather darkness to please me...

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Two Wild and Crazy Guys..... Oooooops, Wrong Guys...!

Pinball Wizard
    Those two hosers deserve a Molson!!!
    Last edited by Kimbo; 05-13-2018 at 05:00 PM.

It was a lot of fun. I look forward to the special
    Beginner's Guide for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...-you-should-do

Kodi Options for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?71-Kodi

Check the Announcement Section...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php...-Announcements

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Bob and Doug drink Molson Canadian in SCTV.
    In the movie 'Strange Brew' thou, Bob and Doug drank Elsinore beer.

Elsinore beer
    Brewed by: Phillips Brewing Company
    British Columbia, Canada
    phillipsbeer.com
    Style: Czech Pilsener
    Alcohol by volume (ABV): 5.00%
    Availability: Limited (brewed once)
    This beer is retired; no longer brewed.

quoted scenes...

-Dad barks out orders to get more beer, after Bob and Doug drank the last Elsinore beer in the house. Unfortunately, Bob had given away the beer money earlier in the evening and the boys had to concoct a plan to obtain free beer.

-Bob and Doug unsuccessfully try to get free beer by placing a mouse in an empty Elsinore beer bottle. They then bring it to the local beer store to obtain a free case of beer. The store clerk is not buying the story and kicks them out of the store.

-When Bob & Doug drive up to the Brewery in their van, they clearly see a road sign that shows "Elsinore Brewery" to the left, and to the right is "Canadian Institute for the Criminally Insane"

-When the brothers first meet Brew Meister Smith, he is introduced to them by Pam Elsinore while he is taste-testing some of the fresh beer from the large copper vats. He later attempts to "control the world" by adding a secret ingredient to Elsinore beer, which he tests on the inmates of the nearby asylum.

-In one of the funniest scenes of the film, Bob & Doug are shown still sitting in the van under water, after it crashes into the harbor. When the rescue divers approach the door, Bob & Doug can be seen breathing the air from beer bottles floating on the roof of the van.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 05-12-2018 at 06:25 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Pinball Wizard
    Thank you Crazed, too bad i would have loved to had a Elsinore beer...to bad i was too young at the time!!