TV Addicted

EPG does not populate.

This may help someone. I have had problems trying to get the guide to populate each time I turn Kodi on. Now it works like a charm. What I was doing wrong was turning MXQ box off without exiting Kodi 17.6 first. (Power button next to favorites button on the bottom left side of screen and hit exit.)

Quote Originally Posted by 1881willy View Post
    This may help someone. I have had problems trying to get the guide to populate each time I turn Kodi on. Now it works like a charm. What I was doing wrong was turning MXQ box off without exiting Kodi 17.6 first. (Power button next to favorites button on the bottom left side of screen and hit exit.)
    Most Android STB's, when you turn off, they are not really off.
    always shutdown Kodi 1st.
    /kens

My epg is completely blank except a few sports channels shows it loading but does not populate. Running stalker pvr and Ken's guide. Any ideas?

Have you tried clearing guide and channel data?
    Beginner's Guide for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...-you-should-do

Kodi Options for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?71-Kodi

Check the Announcement Section...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php...-Announcements

Yes and still no luck. Cleared all caches and it shows it is downloading just does not appear in stalker

I have found Stalker Client to be a pain and too finicky in the past and use Simple Client PVR. I agree that you should always exit out of Kodi before turning off or sleeping your android box. I also do not cache my epg to the database and that way guide data is imported every time I start Kodi. I never have any problems. When I run a new guide pull each week I simply clear guide data and it refreshes. I don't disable the pvr or anything, just clear guide data from the live tv settings page.

Weird thing is I quit trying and watched a movie and suddenly a guide appeared. No idea why.

Quote Originally Posted by rdb0118 View Post
    Weird thing is I quit trying and watched a movie and suddenly a guide appeared. No idea why.
    There's always something going on behind the scenes in Kodi. Addons updating, library functions, etc. You could probably find out if you wanted to by looking at the kodi.log in the userdata directory. You can install the log viewer from the Kodi repo under programs and see the log info from within Kodi. All that matters though is that the guide finally populated.