Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by floder2 View Post
    2 hour difference ....its like if you live in los angeles the time zone is -8.00 ..... New York would be time Zone -5.00 .....3 hour difference
    Lol, There-In Lies the Problem as :

Quote Originally Posted by dishuser View Post
    time should be coming from server not channel source
    Agree, but, is it being Changed in the STB...?!?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 4me2c View Post
    Agree, but, is it being Changed in the STB...?!?
    not sure what you mean but I have never had a time issue using a buzz

don't even need to use offset

@dishuser:

But...ur also not using nfps or the other 2 variants of the iptv service provided here, correct?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jropps View Post
    @dishuser:

But...ur also not using nfps or the other 2 variants of the iptv service provided here, correct?
    like I said
    epg time comes from server

Quote Originally Posted by dishuser View Post
    not sure what you mean but I have never had a time issue using a buzz

don't even need to use offset
    Simple, are the Owners of the STB's Manually Changing the Time Settings when They Input Their Location...?!?

EPG time data is indeed sent from the server but it's sent in UTC and it's up to the app/stb to convert it to the proper timezone set by the OS. Somewhere in the buzztv app there is a bug that fubars this conversion in a small amount of channels. What seperates those channels from the others and why it only happens some settups and not others is the question. I frequent the vaders telegram channel where thousands of users go through there every day and lots of buzztv users but only a small percentage of them have this issue.

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Znix View Post
    EPG time data is indeed sent from the server but it's sent in UTC and it's up to the app/stb to convert it to the proper timezone set by the OS. Somewhere in the buzztv app there is a bug that fubars this conversion in a small amount of channels. What seperates those channels from the others and why it only happens some settups and not others is the question. I frequent the vaders telegram channel where thousands of users go through there every day and lots of buzztv users but only a small percentage of them have this issue.
    The question is, the small percentage of users having this issue what service are they using. I have tested some other services and only have this issue with this service. I'm not convinced it's the Buzz box. The three services only resale Papiao which is the main server. From what I can gather, Papiao is pulling channels/guide data from other sources, meaning they are not the original source of the feed and have no control over the data; they just refeed it to us. When a channel goes black Papiao does not call the guy feeding the source because they don't know who they are. They just have to wait until whoever on the other end feeding the channel fixes it. Because there are multiple sources of data, the guide information is being fed differently for some channels than others depending on where it comes from and who's sending it. This cannot be fixed by the "server" because they are not in control of the data.

I could be wrong, but everything points to multiple feeds from fourth party sources which I believe is the crux of the issue. In order for the time offset feature in the Buzz box to work properly each channel would have to be offset independently.
    Last edited by PayPerView; 05-28-2018 at 02:48 AM.

@Znix, PayPerView, and kens:
    Thank you for ur input, and to a certain extent, helping making this issue more salient than it has been for quite a while, IMHO.

@dishuser:
    Yes..I understood ur point in this thread and elsewhere...and...while it appears u chose to avoid answering my Q regarding whether or not ur using nfps/papaio for iptv service, and that's ok, cuz I've surmised ur not based on ur replies/posts elsewhere here on this site regarding ur apparent lack of issues with EPG Time accuracy, which is cool, I get it..ur saying the server is where the EPG Time issue lives, or where it's supposed to be handled correctly from in the first place.

@everyone:
    I admit to not having dug more deeply into the mech[anics of how the EPG Timecode process works, like some of the more informed tech gurus/subject matter experts like site member kens and a few others here have...but will strive to peel the onion until I do have a better grasp of how this important function is supposed to work, and therefore be able to pose more intelligent questions to NFPS and the team as to why this issue keeps coming up over and over, year after year.

That said, after researching a bit further on the input from kens regarding a temporary work-around solution, both in this thread, and identically in another, as it pertained to using playlists and an external guide source (.xml file), which when combined with the experience Znix stated he'd had in this thread with another stb (DL Z7+), the concept of perhaps enabling the end user to use alternative EPG sources especially peaked my curiosity. Perhaps the BUZZTV software developers could implement support for the external EPG .xml file like the DL Z7+ software development team has.

Again, I'm just embarking on my journey / quest to more thoroughly understand how the EPG Data acquisition process works, including Time Domain and Referential Time Code Integrity checking, but it has made me wonder why the process being used in kens method could not be employed / implemented at the server level, and simply referenced via a field in the stb, unless manual upkeep of the playlist equivalent of a server-wide channel list / server-wide .xml EPG file would be too labor intensive.

Quote Originally Posted by PayPerView View Post
    The question is, the small percentage of users having this issue what service are they using. I have tested some other services and only have this issue with this service. I'm not convinced it's the Buzz box. The three services only resale Papiao which is the main server. From what I can gather, Papiao is pulling channels/guide data from other sources, meaning they are not the original source of the feed and have no control over the data; they just refeed it to us. When a channel goes black Papiao does not call the guy feeding the source because they don't know who they are. They just have to wait until whoever on the other end feeding the channel fixes it. Because there are multiple sources of data, the guide information is being fed differently for some channels than others depending on where it comes from and who's sending it. This cannot be fixed by the "server" because they are not in control of the data.

I could be wrong, but everything points to multiple feeds from fourth party sources which I believe is the crux of the issue. In order for the time offset feature in the Buzz box to work properly each channel would have to be offset independently.
    For me, this happens with 5 completly different services and none are resellers of each other or the same service. In fact, it happens with every service I use on the box. The epg timing is correct on all apps running on the buzztv box except the buzztv app. My formuler boxes with MOL do not have this issue with the same services. Everything points to the buzztv app but there is a variable as to why it does not affect all buzztv app users. Possibly timezone, some combination of settings or maybe a specific hardware revision...or something else.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast