Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

BuzzTV EPG Issue

Does anyone have any time related issues with the BuzzTV epg? What I'm seeing is that with the latest update we have the ability to offset the epgtime which works for some channels but not others. I set the epg offset to what works for most channels but there are quite a few that are still off by an hour or more. I switch over to the z7+(same service) and the epg is correct for all channels but the BuzzTV, some are correct time and some are not, so it's not related to the service. I use multiple portals and the same behaviour exists for all. Anyone else? Any ideas?

Yes exactly same issues

Banned

Unfortunatly, the update didn't solve the issue with epg offsets. Some are correct and others are still off by varying amounts of time.

I've been using the nfps iptv service since 2015, and there was a time back in 2015-2016 where the EPG worked most of the time, but this same, repetitive & annoying EPG issue has really become increasingly annoying over the past year.

I recently acquired a BUZZTV XPL3000 with Android v7.1.2 pre-installed on it, and after disabling the Automatic date & time / Use Network provided time option in the Settings->Date & Time sub-menu, and then trying all kinds of EPG tome-offset values from within the Configuration->EPG time offset settings page located elsewhere within the dizzing array of menus/options/sub-menus within the unit, I too can report I couldn't get the EPG to show proper times for any of the shows listed either.

That said, I'm not sure how this feature could account for all of the different time offfsets associated with the source content itself, when the source content isn't all off by 4 hours or whatever the case may be from one day/week to the next (i.e, most shows are off by 4 hours for my timezone/location, while others appear to be off by 2 hours).

@Znix:
    You stated in the opening post of this thread that you'd also tried the EPG time offset feature on another stb (DL Z7+) on the same iptv service as the BuzzTV XPL3000 stb, and that other stb's EPG Time Offset feature seemed to correctly handle this annoying EPG issue, which intrigued me as to how that unit's software algo's were able to accomplish that feat. I'm considering acquiring one of those other stb's too, just for fun, and hopefully I'll have similar results as you reported to have had.

Meanwhile, I'm still familiarizing myself with the myriad of choices & features the BuzzTV XPL3000 stb has to offer, and I'm making a very short list of feature changes/requests I intend to submit for the xpl3000 shortly, mainly nit-noid stuff like sub-par (weak) RCU reception on the stb itself (on mine it requires laser-guided aim for the remote to be seen/recognized, even with fresh batteries), and slow channel changing in full screen mode using the up/down arrow keys, and of course, the EPG time offset feature not working properly...but overall I do like this new BuzzTV XPL3000 box...yup!

I posted a solution a couple of days ago.

Install Perfect Player
    Make a Custom Playlist file using the Templates in m3u section.
    Use my EPG guide URL.

You use Perfect Player for TV watching, with a guide that is working as it should (the right time!).
    Only use DOL for access to VOD.

* Just a workaround until they fix there problem.
    /kens

@kens:

Thanks...I happened to have read that thread with ur input/method posted in it recently too. Interesting stuff.

I haven't messed around with playlists and the lot, opting to just go with the iptv service provider/recommended box choice method, which has, up until lately, worked adequately.
    (I guess having said that, and in light- of alternatives such as the ones you've posted, I have only myself to be annoyed with for being lazy! LoL)

I do appreciate your continued insights and ongoing efforts to contribute/assist the community...good stuff!

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Just an Example... If the Server is located in Time Zone at (-)1 Hour and it gets a Feed from say (-)6 Hour Time Zone, what would the Time be Shown in a (-)4 Hour Time Zone...?!?

2 hour difference ....its like if you live in los angeles the time zone is -8.00 ..... New York would be time Zone -5.00 .....3 hour difference

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 4me2c View Post
    Just an Example... If the Server is located in Time Zone at (-)1 Hour and it gets a Feed from say (-)6 Hour Time Zone, what would the Time be Shown in a (-)4 Hour Time Zone...?!?
    time should be coming from server not channel source

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast