Thread: Rooted device?

Junoir Member

Rooted device?

Hi,

I am trying to use an app for streaming video (don't think it matters much which app it is but in any case it is called cosmote tv go app) and there is an error message that the video can not run on a rooted device.

I have read that the issue for that app could be resolved in android boxes by deleting any "su" files either by using a file explorer or an app called SuperSu, however I am a little bit reluctant to try that in case the box gets bricked.

Does anyone know please if it is safe to do the above to remove the "su" files or if there is another method to show that the box is not rooted ?

Many thanks

Fire From Within

I'm pretty sure that this box is not rooted. I don't think that will help you though. I used an app called root checker to check.

Chief Officer
    Just Installed the first on the list on not rooted box but it loads sideways need to rotate some how
    live tv loads channels but it is asking for login is this a paid app?

ha!! got the rotate part need the tablet version

You need to be a customer of cosmote to get this >> forget it not worth it
    Last edited by jony604; 04-24-2018 at 09:19 PM.

Junoir Member
    Hi, thank you both for your replies and for your tests. Yeah this is an app for customers only..similar to sky go. It is not meant to be used in android tv boxes but supposedly the only check is whether a device is rooted or not, mine is not showing as rooted either as you mentioned so a bit surprised that is not working. Perhaps they do have some other checks in place. I'll try to see if earlier versions of the app are working just in case. The app also creates a log file with what seem to be system messages, if anyone fancies a challenge and wants to have a look at the log file please PM me.

Thanks for your help.