Register
NEW URL: www.IPTVTalk.net or .nl

Windows Update...

Still using Win 7 Home Premium here and this AM got 27,593 Updated Files from Windows Update...! Couldn't see them all but there were quite a few Registry Ones...! Just 2 weeks ago they Updated around 400 and now 27K+...! Are They Up to something again...?!?

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by 4me2c View Post
    Still using Win 7 Home Premium here and this AM got 27,593 Updated Files from Windows Update...! Couldn't see them all but there were quite a few Registry Ones...! Just 2 weeks ago they Updated around 400 and now 27K+...! Are They Up to something again...?!?
    don't know, a quick google search didn't turn up anything. still in my humble opinion Win 7 is the best windows version and should continue to be supported until 2020 two more years, i have one machine solely on ubuntu linux there is a learning curve but with youtube and support sites even a dummy like me can figure it out.

If I could get away with it, I would Still be using Win 98 SE...! The Only Problem I had with it was Up Grading to Versions I didn't and Still Don't really Need...!

get active
    I'm not entirely sure if Windows 7 is still supported or not. I don't know when or where it has posted their end of software support for WIndows 7 but it must be posted somewhere on the Microsoft website. Try a search for Windows 7 end of support date.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadwood View Post
    I'm not entirely sure if Windows 7 is still supported or not. I don't know when or where it has posted their end of software support for WIndows 7 but it must be posted somewhere on the Microsoft website. Try a search for Windows 7 end of support date.
    took 5 major updates on the 11th
    I never take the optional

Quote Originally Posted by Deadwood View Post
    Pretty easy search. Extended support (security updates) ends 14 Jan 2020 for Service Pack 1.

Code:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet

This AM, another 30,628 Files were Installed and Windows was Re-Configured Once again...! and on Top of That, Firefox Decided it was Time to Bee Up Dated Again also...!

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by 4me2c View Post
    This AM, another 30,628 Files were Installed and Windows was Re-Configured Once again...! and on Top of That, Firefox Decided it was Time to Bee Up Dated Again also...!
    It happened to me last night from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. All updated windows 7. Thanks 4me2c. I had to wait to use the laptop until updates were done. andkaal

took it 2 days ago
    I only take the important which was 3