Register
    Junoir Member

After new firmware T2 won't turn on

After updating T2 firmware and DOL2 last night I was very happy with the changes. Unfortunately this morning when I went to turn the box back on it will not come out of standby. It does not react to the remote. The light stays solid red.
    I unplugged everything but the power cord no change. Unplugged and let it sit then plugged back in just the power cord and still won't react at all just solid red light. Both the factory remote and my harmony can't turn it on.

Is it time for a new unit only a few months old?

Can you try the suggestion on this thread ? http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...irmware-update

Junoir Member
    By nothing I mean stays solid red does not flicker to confirm the standby button press.

Junoir Member
    The box does not turn on at all. There is no signs of confirmation from button press on the remote. It does nothing but stay solid red on the standby light. Normal reaction is the light will flicker or pulse to confirm the button press. It does not do this.

Quote Originally Posted by BCConnect View Post
    The box does not turn on at all. There is no signs of confirmation from button press on the remote. It does nothing but stay solid red on the standby light. Normal reaction is the light will flicker or pulse to confirm the button press. It does not do this.
    This could be silly suggestion. I hope you may have checked/changed the remote battery.

Additionally try this - provided by crazed(moderator)

Power off the T2 (unplug it). Disconnect the HDMI.
    Power on(connect power in your case as remote press has no reaction) and leave it on for 5 minutes, (5 minutes is just to be sure you do not interrupt the start up sequence if it is working but you will not see with no HDMI connected)
    Then power off again, reconnect HDMI and power on and check for results.

Junoir Member
    I will try the HDMI again in the morning. Yes the remote had good batteries. I get a light on the remote on button press. I also have a harmony remote that I normally use and it also will not turn on the box.
    I'm not sure how the HDMI unplugging will help since the standby light on the T2 box does not react to the remote but I will try again.

Junoir Member
    Tried HDMI thing and still nothing.
    The issue isn't it tries to turn on or locks up on the startup. It literally will not turn on. It will not boot at all the standby light doesn't react to remote and nothing shows on the TV.

Junoir Member
    Tried recovery with the update file they provide but can't do that either because the box does not turn on at all. No output or signs of life other than the red light on the box.

Hopefully dreamlink will respond to my email. Really like this box but 2 months of use just doesn't seem to meet the $110 price tag.

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BCConnect View Post
    Tried recovery with the update file they provide but can't do that either because the box does not turn on at all. No output or signs of life other than the red light on the box.

Hopefully dreamlink will respond to my email. Really like this box but 2 months of use just doesn't seem to meet the $110 price tag.
    What is this "update" file? I've got a box doing something similar and like to give this a go.
    Thanks.