TV Addicted

DLite Update With m3u Option

I see updates have been pushed out for the other DL models, can we expect the same for the DLite immenently?

I am looking for this update also, I was told by someone that Dlite will be today (this was few days back) but have a feeling its gonna be longer. ha

If anyone has any updates, be great.

TV Addicted
    @Captainkangaroo or anyone else able to give an update on the Dlite update? Being one of
    the newest DL boxes I was hoping it would receive priority support. Any insight is appreciated.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 85146 View Post
    @Captainkangaroo or anyone else able to give an update on the Dlite update? Being one of
    the newest DL boxes I was hoping it would receive priority support. Any insight is appreciated.
    it's the least expensive of the 3 that were released recently
    so why should it be a priority?

TV Addicted
    True, it was actually the cheapest box in my case since I won it thanks to this great site so it doesn’t owe me a thing. Having said that, it is marketed as a basic, simple IPTV box and so I guess I would think that as one of the newest DL units for those who did pay for this box I just thought DL would want to offer support.
    I’m trying not to read too much between the lines of your post but why do you seem offended that I would post this question or statement? How does this affect you? Sorry if Im misunderstanding your questioning

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    the Dlite is quite a bit different then the other dreamlinks and in the way the DOL works.
    If I remember correctly, when in the DOL app on the DLite, you can navigate to system menus without having to leave that DOL app (which is not the way the DOL works with the others).
    That was a nice option that I did notice when setting up one of those Dlites

I do not know why I added that bit of trivia here, it was just something I was thinking about
    Maybe with how that works, adding the Playlist portal is not such a small undertaking and weather dreamlink is ready to do that, is not something we could guess about.
    It is their 'basic' model.
    I know they never had plans in adding that FreeTVPro m3u Player, but the public did ask and so there it was

Who knows, with this request we may see a new Playlist Portal for the Dlite too.

May have to ask Captain to ask his contact about all this
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 85146 View Post
    True, it was actually the cheapest box in my case since I won it thanks to this great site so it doesn’t owe me a thing. Having said that, it is marketed as a basic, simple IPTV box and so I guess I would think that as one of the newest DL units for those who did pay for this box I just thought DL would want to offer support.
    I’m trying not to read too much between the lines of your post but why do you seem offended that I would post this question or statement? How does this affect you? Sorry if Im misunderstanding your questioning
    not offended
    just wondering why you thought it should have priority

TV Addicted
    Thanks Crazed for the additional background and thank you too Dishuser for clarification. I do hope they are able to add the m3u option for the DLite. it is an awesome box with such great potential and it may work perfect with other IPTV services however with respect to the ones disscussed on this forum, it is lacking primarily due to epg and is currently not the best option imo for this reason alone. M3u using Perfect Player is still the go-to until the epg feed is fixed either at the server end or they allow m3u.
    As mentioned, I have nothing invested in this box so no complaining here, my intentions are purely to help others and provide feedback to the DL team on ways to improve it.
    Thanks again all!