2015-24 08/22/15 43 Joey Logano 5 Ford
    2016-08 04/17/16 40 Carl Edwards 1 Toyota
    2016-23 08/21/16 40 Kevin Harvick 24 Chevrolet
    2017-08 04/24/17 39 Jimmie Johnson 11 Chevrolet
    2017-24 08/19/17 40 Kyle Busch 18 Toyota

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    From CBS Sports :
    Code:
    https://www.cbssports.com/general/news/2018-food-city-500-odds-picks-model-says-ryan-blaney-surprises-in-nascar-at-bristol/
    "One driver the model absolutely loves for NASCAR at Bristol: Ryan Blaney, who is going off at 18-1.

Blaney has been a breakthrough driver on the Monster Energy Cup Series this year with five top-10 and three top-five finishes in seven events.

He turned the corner at Bristol in the fall race in 2017, recording his first career top-10 finish on this steeply banked, half-mile short track. He's a target for anybody looking for a big NASCAR at Bristol payday.

Another curveball: Chase Elliott, whom Vegas considers a top contender on Sunday, doesn't sniff the top 10.

Elliott has struggled to contend this year, recording just one top-five finish in seven races. He has had some success in his young career at Bristol with a pair of top-10 finishes in four races, but Elliott isn't worth the 12-1 odds this week in a loaded field.

Also, a driver getting even longer odds than Blaney is primed to make a serious run at the checkered flag. Anybody who bets on this long shot could hit it big."...!

Weather Permitting :
    Code:
    https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/bristol-tn/24201/daily-weather-forecast/335712
    "Following Friday’s severe weather outbreak from Iowa to Texas and Louisiana, violent storms will shift eastward into the Deep South and Tennessee River Valley at the start of the weekend."...!

Richmond on the Horizon :

What are the betting odds for NASCAR at Richmond?
    Kyle Busch 4/1
    Kevin Harvick 4/1
    Martin Truex Jr. 6/1
    Denny Hamlin 6/1
    Kyle Larson 8/1
    Brad Keselowski 10/1
    Chase Elliott 10/1
    Joey Logano 10/1
    Erik Jones 15/1
    Jimmie Johnson 20/1
    Clint Bowyer 20/1
    Kurt Busch 20/1
    Ryan Blaney 30/1
    Aric Almirola 40/1
    Ryan Newman 80/1
    Alex Bowman 80/1
    Daniel Suarez 100/1
    Jamie McMurray 200/1
    Austin Dillon 200/1
    William Byron 200/1
    Ricky Stenhouse Jr. 200/1
    Paul Menard 200/1
    Trevor Bayne 300/1
    Darrell Wallace Jr. 300/1
    Kasey Kahne 500/1
    Ty Dillon 500/1
    AJ Allmendinger 500/1
    Chris Buescher 1000/1
    Michael McDowell 1000/1
    Field (all others) 1000/1

Can You say "Restrictor-Plates"...?!?

"Keselowski has six restrictor-plate victories, including five at Talladega. Hamlin has two, including winning the closest-ever Daytona 500 finish two years ago. Both have shown a sophistication in racing through the draft and running up front in recent years, which is underscored by their showing during Speedweeks so far.

“I look at Brad (Keselowski) and Denny (Hamlin) as being the top two guys,” Joe Gibbs Racing driver Kyle Busch explained earlier this week. “I think the speed of (Ricky) Stenhouse’s car was pretty important last year. He did a good job with it, won some races. But I got to look at Brad and Denny, the things they do, as the guys you kind of watch, see if you can mimic, emulate some of the stuff they have going on in order to get yourself through the pack and up toward the front.”

Oh NO...!

What are the betting odds for NASCAR at Talladega?
    Brad Keselowski 6/1
    Denny Hamlin 8/1
    Joey Logano 8/1
    Kevin Harvick 10/1
    Chase Elliott 12/1
    Kyle Busch 12/1
    Ricky Stenhouse Jr. 12/1
    Kurt Busch 12/1
    Ryan Blaney 12/1
    Martin Truex Jr. 18/1
    Kyle Larson 18/1
    Jimmie Johnson 18/1
    Erik Jones 25/1
    Clint Bowyer 25/1
    Alex Bowman 25/1
    Aric Almirola 25/1
    Austin Dillon 40/1
    Jamie McMurray 40/1
    Daniel Suarez 40/1
    Trevor Bayne 40/1
    Paul Menard 40/1
    Ryan Newman 40/1
    William Byron 50/1
    Darrell Wallace Jr. 60/1
    Ty Dillon 100/1
    Kasey Kahne 100/1
    Chris Buescher 100/1
    AJ Allmendinger 200/1
    Michael McDowell 200/1
    Field (all others) 30/1

>>>>>> "Even though Ford saw its seven-race restrictor plate winning streak come to an end in the Daytona 500, a race in which Aric Almirola was half-a-lap away from victory, no manufacturer has dominated the restrictor-plate tracks of Daytona and Talladega in recent years more than Ford. "...!

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    thnx for this thread 4me2c
    Some interesting and helpful facts posted here
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Timothy Peters driving for Ricky Benton in Talladega Cup race
    Apr 19, 2018

UPDATE: Cerro Gordo, N.C. (April 19, 2018) - The last time Timothy Peters partnered with Ricky Benton Racing (RBR), the pairing resulted in a seventh-place finish in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) at the half-mile Martinsville Speedway. Emboldened by the result, the team and driver have decided to renew their partnership in a bigger way: RBR and Peters will be heading to Alabama to compete in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS) GEICO 500 at Talladega Superspeedway.

The event will be Peters' debut in MENCS and RBR's second start. RBR finished 14th in the 60th running of the Daytona 500 in February.
    Advance Auto Parts will sponsor Ricky Benton Racing and Timothy Peters at Talladega in April. Ricky Benton Racing

"This is just a dream come true for me," said Peters. "I am humbled and so appreciative for the opportunity that Ricky (Benton), Advance Auto Parts, the entire Black's Tire family, BB&T and Highland Construction have given me to make my first Cup start."

Despite not having made a Cup start to date, Peters is no stranger to NASCAR restrictor plate racing. The Danville, Va. native has two wins at Talladega and one at Daytona to go along with four other top-five finishes in 14 starts in the NCWTS. He also has a sixth-place finish in ARCA competition at Daytona.

"Timothy is an incredibly talented driver and proved to be a great fit with our guys at Martinsville," said team owner Ricky Benton. "He and (crew chief) Mike (Hester) worked great together, communicated well and made some great adjustments as that race progressed.

"I have no doubt that it will carry over to Talladega in the Cup car."

Benton said David Gilliland, who drove the RBR entry in the Daytona 500, is not behind the wheel this time around due to commitments to the race team he owns fielding cars in ARCA, the K&N Pro Series and NCWTS.

--- Ricky Benton Racing ---

This is Decent :

Motor Speedway to deliver unprecedented Coca-Cola 600 pre-race military spectacular
    Apr 19, 2018

CONCORD, N.C. (April 18, 2018) - Charlotte Motor Speedway will incorporate all five branches of the U.S. Armed Forces in an unprecedented, spectacular pre-race Salute to the Troops before the 59th running of the Coca-Cola 600 on May 27.

This year's edition of the Memorial Day weekend celebration will highlight the Department of Defense's "This is Your Military" initiative by paying tribute to each of the military branches, featuring special guests and showcasing vehicles and awe-inspiring displays of military prowess from the U.S. Army, the U.S. Marine Corps, the U.S. Navy, the U.S. Air Force and the U.S. Coast Guard. Fans and drivers will also get to #KnowYourMil through interactions with service members.

On race day, fans will be treated to aerial thrills and ground-shaking firepower as F-15 fighter jets and Blackhawk helicopters with a rappel team join Howitzers and Humvees in touring the iconic 1.5-mile superspeedway before NASCAR's biggest stars take the green flag.

"Charlotte Motor Speedway has a proud history of saluting our great nation's armed forces, but this year's pre-race show will be the biggest, most incredible one we've ever had," said Greg Walter, the executive vice president of Charlotte Motor Speedway. "We're thankful that so many of our local service members join us each year at America's Home for Racing to witness the awesome display of patriotism and racing excitement. Like the giant American flag we'll have at the race, I can't wait to see it unfold."

In conjunction with the U.S. Department of Defense, Charlotte Motor Speedway is executing "Mission 600," a series of visits by NASCAR drivers to regional military bases as a prelude to the Memorial Day weekend Salute to the Troops at the Coca-Cola 600. Among the drivers tentatively scheduled to appear are Brad Keselowski, the driver of the No. 2 Miller Lite Ford Fusion, at Naval Station Norfolk on April 19. Austin Dillon and the No. 3 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 pit crew will visit Fort Bragg on April 26, and Alex Bowman and the No. 88 Nationwide Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 pit crew will visit U.S. Coast Guard Station Wrightsville Beach on May 3. Darrell "Bubba" Wallace, the driver of the No. 43 U.S. Air Force Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, will head to Seymour Johnson Air Force Base on May 9. An additional visit to Marine Corps Base Camp LeJeune is in the planning stages.
    Drivers will learn about the inner workings of daily life in the U.S. Armed Forces through military training, exercises, facility tours and meetings with the men and women who bravely serve.

In addition to thousands of troops joining fans in the race-day festivities, ticketholders to the Coca-Cola 600 can enjoy a FREE pre-race concert featuring the Grammy-nominated country music superstars Eli Young Band.

Through the speedway's "Patriot Partners" program, race fans or corporate customers can buy a Coca-Cola 600 race ticket for a member of the U.S. Armed Forces for just $25.

TICKETS:
    Coca-Cola 600 tickets for adults start at just $49 while kids 13 and under get in for $10. Tickets, camping and upgrades for every 10 Days of NASCAR Thunder event are available at the gates, by visiting
    Code:
    charlottemotorspeedway.com/tickets or calling 1-800-455-FANS (3267
    KEEP TRACK:
    Fans can connect with Charlotte Motor Speedway by following on Twitter and Instagram or becoming a Facebook fan. Keep up with all the latest news and information with the Charlotte Motor Speedway mobile app.

KNOW YOUR MILITARY:
    Salute your military by sharing your connections and stories on social media using hashtag
    Code:
    #KnowYourMil
    --- Charlotte Motor Speedway ---

NASCAR changes restrictor plates to slow cars at Talladega
    Photo by Jared C. Tilton/Getty Images for NASCAR
    By Dustin LongApr 27, 2018, 5:46 PM EDT
    7 Comments

TALLADEGA, Ala. — NASCAR announced Friday that teams will use restrictor plates with smaller holes to slow the cars after Jamie McMurray’s car went airborne in a crash during the final practice session.

McMurray was uninjured.

NASCAR will give teams restrictor plates with holes 1/64 of an inch smaller than the ones used Friday. The new restrictor-plate size will be 55/64 of an inch.

The change is expected to cut about 10-15 horsepower and is likely to slow the cars by about 2 mph.

McMurray topped practice before his incident with a lap of 203.975 mph.

Last fall, the top lap in either Cup practice at Talladega was 197.859 mph.

“I think this year it seems as though the cars are quite a bit different than they have been in my history here,” said Brad Keselowski, a five-time Talladega winner, before the plate change was announced. “They are a lot faster and handling quite a bit worse.

“With the cars handling the way they are handling, you will need to single-file out to survive this race. I think that is probably not the expectation of what we want to put on for a show.”

NASCAR stated it made the change for safety reasons to decrease the chance of a car lifting off. McMurray had a left rear tire go down and turned his car sideways down the backstretch. The right side of the car was slightly off the ground when McMurray’s car was struck by Ryan Newman‘s car, sending McMurray’s car into a series of rolls.

The reason that speeds are up this year is that NASCAR no long has a ride height rule. That means teams can lower the cars so they are not in the air as much. That creates faster speeds.

Cup teams qualify Saturday and race Sunday. There are no practices scheduled.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast