Hybrid View

TV Addicted

a step by step instructions for the kodi app for vixio 2 will be very nice to have

a step by step instructions for the kodi app for vixio 2 will be very nice to have.. because newbies like me wouldnt have to aggravate anyone for knowledge.. right now if u ask.. they will say go to you tube.. or read read read.. but if we had step by step instructions it would eliminate most setup questions for people that dont have a clue what kodi is..

And once again I tell you if you want to know something, go to the source...this will tell you the history, purpose and vision of Kodi/XBMC, thks..

Code:
    kodi.tv
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

Let me ask you how do you think we all learned this stuff??...New material takes a dedicated effort to learn and be comfortable with, we ALL went through this and much of it by trial & error...welcome to the club
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

Kodi has a complete section called wiki which covers any questions you may have regarding install on anything, thks..

There is no easy way, Kodi/XBMC is huge and only growing, it's a learning process for all. There is no way to duck it, thks..

tell him the fun we had with the MyGica updates...lol...I learned new words and gestures as I'm sure you did, also...

download and install from MickyMart and use it...pretty straightforward...

you can use two methods, from the url or d/l the zipped add on and install from usb zip drive. Be aware there are differnces from repositories and plain add ons.

simply put a repository is a collection of add ons controlled by a dev group, an add on is just simply the bare bones add on. I don't like installing a bunch of repositories for the simple reason many of them modify Kodi to their function and this can cause compatibility probs. I also don't like to bloat up my box with a bunch of stuff I will never use. The advantage of a repository is most will update themselves and just using the simple add on may require a little more work on your part to keep updated. I like to keep my boxes lean & mean and don't mind the little bit of work to keep them updated...JMO