Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Version Check ?

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    I would have gone and done the New Install but this Box isn't New enough or Strong Enough to do the 17.6 Version of Kodi...! After about 5 times of Un-Installing and Re-Installing, 16.1, it is working...! I had Lost the Browser and the only thing I can Think of that would make that happen would be the "Forced Close" of Kodi to allow the Build to work Right...! This AM, Early, I went back to it and it was Great...! I went into an Add-On and watched the first 3 episodes of Star Trek Discovery without a Hitch...! I will continue with that Series after the WWE Hall of Fame Presentation tonight...!

I did do This : "This may take 5 or 10 minutes ...wait until it completes the process ...........then go ahead and exit out of kodi from the power off button in kodi.....then restart Kodi and you should be good to go."... Before I would just leave it Off all Night and Start again the Next Morning, This Time I Re-Started Kodi and Turned Off the TV...! When I Turned On the TV this AM, I just clicked the Right Arrow on Me Remote and There She Was in All Her Glory...! It is Not the "No Limits" Build that I wanted to try but It Works and that is all that matters...! As far as the "Unknown Sources" Location, it took about 7 times of going into and back out of and into one more time of the Settings and a Screen Opened up looking kind of like Win 8-10 Desktop Screen with the dif color boxes in it...! I Clicked on Device and when that Screen Opened I didn't see what I was Hoping was there but I noticed that the last Entry near the bottom was positioned close to the bottom so I pushed the Down Arrow on the Remote and sure enough there were a couple more options and one of Them was the "Unknown Sources" Option which had already been Clicked to Allow...! Thanks for the Patience with this Me Friends, tis Appreciated...!

Bulletproof
    Quote Originally Posted by 4me2c View Post
    I would have gone and done the New Install but this Box isn't New enough or Strong Enough to do the 17.6 Version of Kodi...! After about 5 times of Un-Installing and Re-Installing, 16.1, it is working...! I had Lost the Browser and the only thing I can Think of that would make that happen would be the "Forced Close" of Kodi to allow the Build to work Right...! This AM, Early, I went back to it and it was Great...! I went into an Add-On and watched the first 3 episodes of Star Trek Discovery without a Hitch...! I will continue with that Series after the WWE Hall of Fame Presentation tonight...!

I did do This : "This may take 5 or 10 minutes ...wait until it completes the process ...........then go ahead and exit out of kodi from the power off button in kodi.....then restart Kodi and you should be good to go."... Before I would just leave it Off all Night and Start again the Next Morning, This Time I Re-Started Kodi and Turned Off the TV...! When I Turned On the TV this AM, I just clicked the Right Arrow on Me Remote and There She Was in All Her Glory...! It is Not the "No Limits" Build that I wanted to try but It Works and that is all that matters...! As far as the "Unknown Sources" Location, it took about 7 times of going into and back out of and into one more time of the Settings and a Screen Opened up looking kind of like Win 8-10 Desktop Screen with the dif color boxes in it...! I Clicked on Device and when that Screen Opened I didn't see what I was Hoping was there but I noticed that the last Entry near the bottom was positioned close to the bottom so I pushed the Down Arrow on the Remote and sure enough there were a couple more options and one of Them was the "Unknown Sources" Option which had already been Clicked to Allow...! Thanks for the Patience with this Me Friends, tis Appreciated...!
    I'm glad you got it to work. As we said before most builds don't work. (Old and not updated) But very, very few do. You did the right thing starting over. andkaal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12