Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Version Check ?

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

Version Check ?

In Me List of Addons, Program Add-ons there is Kodi Version Check. When I Click it to Open it shows 3 Versions...

1)...Version0.3.26 with the Blue Tilted Square with the Letter "K" in it and the word Repository under it
    2)...Version0.3.26 with 3 of these - on top of each other, at least that is what it looks like with a little tab in the very middle of the bottom line pointing down and
    3)...Version0.3.9 with a Hand Holding the Blue Tilted Square with a Cloud-like background with what appear to be Jewels, 5 of them...! I would Normally just pick that one because it shows Version0.3.9 but when I do the screen goes back to the list with Downloading at 0% and then shows Update Available...! I Click the Program again and the Top one is High-Lighted so I Click it and it goes back to the List, Shows Down-Loading and then Enabled...! This time I Back Out to the List and it shows Enabled...!

Is that Right...?!? Right Now it is Version0.3.26 with the Repository after...!

I am using Jarvis 16.1

One More ? if I May...! Nowhere in My System, System Settings or in My Add-ons do I find the Option to Allow UnKnown Sources...!

I Click on System, I Find This List with Services in it, it has General... UPnP/DLNA... Web Server... Remote Control... Zeroconf... AirPlay... and SMB Client...! I click on the Remote Control and get these options, Allow Remote Control by programs on this system... Allow remote control by programs on other systems and Reset above settings to default... ? Should I Allow the 2nd one...?!?

Using the No Limits Build...!

Bulletproof
    Quote Originally Posted by 4me2c View Post
    In Me List of Addons, Program Add-ons there is Kodi Version Check. When I Click it to Open it shows 3 Versions...

1)...Version0.3.26 with the Blue Tilted Square with the Letter "K" in it and the word Repository under it
    2)...Version0.3.26 with 3 of these - on top of each other, at least that is what it looks like with a little tab in the very middle of the bottom line pointing down and
    3)...Version0.3.9 with a Hand Holding the Blue Tilted Square with a Cloud-like background with what appear to be Jewels, 5 of them...! I would Normally just pick that one because it shows Version0.3.9 but when I do the screen goes back to the list with Downloading at 0% and then shows Update Available...! I Click the Program again and the Top one is High-Lighted so I Click it and it goes back to the List, Shows Down-Loading and then Enabled...! This time I Back Out to the List and it shows Enabled...!

Is that Right...?!? Right Now it is Version0.3.26 with the Repository after...!

I am using Jarvis 16.1

One More ? if I May...! Nowhere in My System, System Settings or in My Add-ons do I find the Option to Allow UnKnown Sources...!

I Click on System, I Find This List with Services in it, it has General... UPnP/DLNA... Web Server... Remote Control... Zeroconf... AirPlay... and SMB Client...! I click on the Remote Control and get these options, Allow Remote Control by programs on this system... Allow remote control by programs on other systems and Reset above settings to default... ? Should I Allow the 2nd one...?!?

Using the No Limits Build...!
    4me2c.. Unplug your Kodi version. Let it restart. When you see the main menu settings, go all the way to SYSTEM..Click on it and got to DEVELOPER OPTIONS.. Make sure "ADB Debugging" is checked "ON" .. Also "APPS from Unknown sources" also "ON" a little box will show up and just click "Allow". You should be good to go. That gets you what you want in your APPS working to your Kodi. I hope it helps you.. andkaal

Bulletproof
    4me2c ..If that does not work go to Kodi 17.4 or 17.6 and download them. They are up to date with everything. andkaal

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andkaal View Post
    4me2c ..If that does not work go to Kodi 17.4 or 17.6 and download them. They are up to date with everything. andkaal
    I don't think they can cause of android version

Thanks andkaal, figured out the Versions listed are for the Version Check App itself...! There is so much stuff in this No limits Build and it is going thru a bunch of updates and when it stops I will try to get back into the Main System Settings of Kodi...! These Builds might bee Good at Organizing Programs and Such but, But, BUTT, This one has completely taken over...! I asked crazed 2.0 to Delete this Thread and I will go ahead and Delete My Kodi and Install the latest Version that I can get...! Thanks for Those Tips as I have jotted Them down in case crazed 2.0 deletes this thread soon...!

Now another window opened up showing You Must Force-Close Kodi to make the Changes... So I Un-Plugged it...!

Go ahead crazed 2.0 and Shut this down Please...! I will Start Anew on the 'morrow...!

Have A Great Night...! and THANKS...!

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2c View Post
    Thanks andkaal, figured out the Versions listed are for the Version Check App itself...! There is so much stuff in this No limits Build and it is going thru a bunch of updates and when it stops I will try to get back into the Main System Settings of Kodi...! These Builds might bee Good at Organizing Programs and Such but, But, BUTT, This one has completely taken over...! I asked crazed 2.0 to Delete this Thread and I will go ahead and Delete My Kodi and Install the latest Version that I can get...! Thanks for Those Tips as I have jotted Them down in case crazed 2.0 deletes this thread soon...!
    Ame2c...................I would suggest deleting the kodi you have now and installing Kodi 17.6 (most resent) with nothing added.....don't load a build ..............to me most of the builds out there just load up kodi with a lot of crap you will never use........................
    Once you have Kodi installed...................go here and follow the instructions..............my personal backup..........has about 15 of the most popular working addons ..and thats it .....So you get the movies---tv-shows and sports.............works like a charm......................................

go here..........................

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...ackup-complete

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    I don't delete threads.
    I will however, delete individual posts on any given thread, if them posts fall under the correct criteria and need to be deleted.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Thank You crazed 2.0 as I see where You Cleaned this Thread Up at...! and to andkaal and floder2 I really Think this Box I am using is a Whacky One...! I Think it is Time to Invest in something Newer...! I have had nothing but problems, programs disappearing, updates updating and nothing changing and for the Life of Me I can not find the Unknown Sources Setting...! I clicked on everything I could, even when it looked like there was no more in the List I still clicked until I could see the Restore Settings to Default and Then I know there were no more settings...!

Bulletproof
    Quote Originally Posted by floder2 View Post
    Ame2c...................I would suggest deleting the kodi you have now and installing Kodi 17.6 (most resent) with nothing added.....don't load a build ..............to me most of the builds out there just load up kodi with a lot of crap you will never use........................
    Once you have Kodi installed...................go here and follow the instructions..............my personal backup..........has about 15 of the most popular working addons ..and thats it .....So you get the movies---tv-shows and sports.............works like a charm......................................

go here..........................

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...ackup-complete
    This is what you should do 4me2c. And floder2 is right on. Most Builds are outdated in Kodi 16.1. Newer addons are all around to load. Delete Kodi 16.1 and start with the Kodi 17.6. It is stable and works very well. andkaal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast