Register

kodi keeps going back to default setting

Having an issue with Kodi on the Z7 it installs fine and i copy my build to it and it runs fine but on reboot it re-sets back to a fresh install. This also happens with any build i put in including the ones from the addon linker. Tried on 3 different Z7 same issue. Works fine on the T2 and T1 plus. Did notice in the android/data/kodi folder it takes the user and addon data folder capitalized them then put a second set of folders in upon reboot.

I don't know if this will help you but try this
    c/p

Before we begin, it’s important to note that third-party addons and custom Kodi builds cause crashes far more frequently than official addons.

There are several things that could cause Kodi to reboot endlessly, but the good news is that this problem very rarely occurs on its own. Usually, the culprit is a recently installed addon or build and it’s fairly obvious which one is causing the problem. That said, we have created a step-by-step guide to resolving Kodi reboot loops when you have no idea what caused them.

Like most software, Kodi stores small amounts of data in its cache for faster access. This cache usually empties itself but issues can occasionally that prevent this.. Usually, this problem manifests through slow, stuttering video but in extreme cases it can cause a crash/reboot loop.

To manually clear Kodi’s cache, you’ll need the Indigo addon. Once it’s installed, open it and click the Maintenance tools option followed by Clear Cache. To the right of this option, you’ll see the current size of the cache. If it’s large, this is an indicator that something has gone wrong, but even small caches can contain corrupted files.

URLResolver dependency is outdated
    The URLResolver is an addon that runs in the background and decodes file hosts. In simple terms, it’s the thing that finds the specific files that you want to access. If this addon is outdated, it can cause various problems including failed addon installations and of course, consistent Kodi reboots.

Problems with Kodi’s Database or UserData folders.
    Kodi allows its advanced users to create and browse their own databases. The vast majority of Kodi users won’t do this, but everybody runs into scripting problems from time to time and it’s always useful to know how to fix any errors that can occur as a result.
    The solution to this problem is very simple. If you delete the Database folder, Kodi will create a new one and the code that caused it to crash will be removed. Now, the location of this folder changes based on what platform you’re using. Find your operating system in the list below, navigate to the specified location and delete the Database folder.
    If the issue persists, you might want to try deleting the UserData folder as well since any incorrectly edited files here can also cause frequent crashes.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

First off its not crashing, it's not corrupt and its not rebooting endlessly. These are all rookie issues and i have been doing kodi /xbmc for years. It does not matter if it's a fresh install or whether i use a pre made build. The same builds with the same install works on PC, Mac, android boxes, T1, T1+ and T2 boxes but not the Formular Z7. Nothing you mentioned applies to this case as this is a formular Z7 issue only.
    Last edited by MrPat; 04-03-2018 at 09:37 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

ok case dismissed
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

running kodi on z7+ with no issues at all, so I would argue that it is most likely not a formuler issue, unfortunately I don't have any solutions to offer other than the issue perhaps being caused by one of your add-ons