Junoir Member

Problem with STBemu

So I had it working perfectly all day yesterday then it started doing the following

Many of the channels on the list do not populate:

The ones that do do not preview and give a blank screen when selected

Weird thing is many of the VOD movies do work. My provider says everything is working correct on their end.
    Have the same problem in my phone and on my nvidia shield
    Tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it does the same thing.

Also is there another set top box emulator to try for android for portal type subcriptions?
    Last edited by catz; 03-30-2018 at 03:47 PM.

Banned
    try a different media player and edit out your provider in your post

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dishuser View Post
    try a different media player and edit out your provider in your post
    I sent them a message asking for some compensation.... haaaa
    I figure that if they are willing to gather up clients and monies from them clients... then they should hold their own open forums to help their clients.
    Anyone can use emails, our services do use emails too... but their (our) main form of assistance is thru a forum that they (we) own and pay for and which is in place for the benefit of our clients.
    Or take the help further in that email, instead of telling customer that everything is okay, they might have offered something as what you did dishuser .. Simple stuff but if they can not do that for their clients and their clients have no where to turn to, well that there is not the best business model I ever seen

It would be super silly paying for a forum and upkeep and online people ready to help, and then using those resources to help other services so they do not have to go that extra mile and get their own help forum(s).
    But if their clients want our expertise assistance on a website that our services pay for, then it should come with a price...

Or try ytube
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 03-30-2018 at 03:57 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    My bad sorry about that

Quote Originally Posted by tehans View Post
    My bad sorry about that
    You are fine tehans
    We all know how it can be trying to get some assitance with an issue.

Send a polite email to your service asking for a bit more helpful clues as too what may be needed to be done, other then their answer that their service is running okay.

"The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    I did, I was just impatient. I believe I solved it, I changed from the version of STBemu on google play (1.0.5) to the newest I could find (1.1.1.4) and it works now.

Quote Originally Posted by tehans View Post
    I did, I was just impatient. I believe I solved it, I changed from the version of STBemu on google play (1.0.5) to the newest I could find (1.1.1.4) and it works now.
    good job

My comments earlier need to be said on site here a couple times per year.. just so it is clear as to why we allow only the main 3 services here for support, (which are all from the same one main source).
    Some members may figure it's about pushing our services, but that would be incorrect.
    If it was correct, then talking about other services here would not be a problem, because we would just push our's harder , type thing.
    There is no pushing here because there is no need., there is no one to be pushed ...and again, the supported service here pays for that to happen

Dishuser posted the perfect first response to this thread and could have been left as that... but like I say, once or twice a year I do try and explain in these threads exactly why we have them rules in place :0

And all, nomatter where you got your service from, are welcome to browse and use the info posted on this site, it could not be any other way

Okay guys, we are good for another 6 months now.
    lol...
    - Frank Zappa

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 2.0 View Post
    good job

My comments earlier need to be said on site here a couple times per year.. just so it is clear as to why we allow only the main 3 services here for support, (which are all from the same one main source).
    Some members may figure it's about pushing our services, but that would be incorrect.
    If it was correct, then talking about other services here would not be a problem, because we would just push our's harder , type thing.
    There is no pushing here because there is no need., there is no one to be pushed ...and again, the supported service here pays for that to happen

Dishuser posted the perfect first response to this thread and could have been left as that... but like I say, once or twice a year I do try and explain in these threads exactly why we have them rules in place :0

And all, nomatter where you got your service from, are welcome to browse and use the info posted on this site, it could not be any other way

Okay guys, we are good for another 6 months now.
    lol...
    not bad for drinking JD for breakfast
    had a great nap
    I feel samarter