Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

New Firmware/Mtvonline beta

Got a chance to test the beta for next firmware upgrade as well as mytvonline version.

What I've noticed a market is looks a bit different and easier to navigate IMO, there's a new software update selection in settings.

As for the Mytvonline app I noticed they now have 3mu playlist support as well as xtreme codes support as well where all that is required is URL and then the login and password. Services I tested streamed fine in playlist and XC testing (only did about 10 min before bed). Channel grouping isn't active yet but it was only first day of beta. This will be an awesome update once it's final!
    Owned devices: Nvidia Shield (2015 & 2017), Minix X8-H Plus, U1, U9-H, Dreamlink T1, Dreamlink T1 Plus, Avov Tvonline, Global media box 4k, Mi box, Buzz xpl2000, Buzz xpl3000, T95Z Plus, Formuler Z7+ (UK & NA)

Quote Originally Posted by Munstah View Post
    Got a chance to test the beta for next firmware upgrade as well as mytvonline version.

What I've noticed a market is looks a bit different and easier to navigate IMO, there's a new software update selection in settings.

As for the Mytvonline app I noticed they now have 3mu playlist support as well as xtreme codes support as well where all that is required is URL and then the login and password. Services I tested streamed fine in playlist and XC testing (only did about 10 min before bed). Channel grouping isn't active yet but it was only first day of beta. This will be an awesome update once it's final!
    How was the speed of the epg population? and epg cache in this beta?

nothing noticeable compared to the prior background load beta version
    Owned devices: Nvidia Shield (2015 & 2017), Minix X8-H Plus, U1, U9-H, Dreamlink T1, Dreamlink T1 Plus, Avov Tvonline, Global media box 4k, Mi box, Buzz xpl2000, Buzz xpl3000, T95Z Plus, Formuler Z7+ (UK & NA)

Quote Originally Posted by Munstah View Post

Did you get a log with the expected changes?

This particular beta is being re-released the first of the week with some fixes for issues. Primarily, the EPG puller wasn't working properly and some portals would not load.

Stay tuned...what they are working on has ALOT of very cool features that many have been waiting a long time for.

Quote Originally Posted by Mano9423 View Post
    This particular beta is being re-released the first of the week with some fixes for issues. Primarily, the EPG puller wasn't working properly and some portals would not load.

Stay tuned...what they are working on has ALOT of very cool features that many have been waiting a long time for.
    They really need to sort this properly and quick imo, as seen many moaning across many pages about this epg populate / cache.

I have MyTV online but also a Buzz XPL3000 as in terms of epg its instant, Reminders work also on all I tried.

Hoping formuler/dreamlink get the epg stuff sorted asap, as would make it alot easier, as app is good layout

Junoir Member
    epg loading is about as fast as the previous beta. (much faster than public release after it caches the contents of the guide) - if your not on the beta this release is what you have all been waiting for in regards to the slow epg loads, as it slowly downloads the entire epg in the background and caches it. this is big.

it doesnt seem to be any faster when usin xc api method of connecting. and the current beta doesnt seem to be grouping channels correctly, so they all just show up under "all".

another new feature is m3u loading in mytv, u can load a tv m3u, separate vod m3u, and custom xmltv link for epg.. this allows you to fully customize what channels you get, when you put the work into it, but there are great tools online that make that easy.

one new thig i love is ps4 controller support on the z7+. works great, a bit of a lag when playing emulators, but this is common when using bluetooth controllers on android it seems, the formuler gamepad does not have this delay.

this release also allows you to select custom launch actions with the colored buttons on the remote (when on the home screen) nice gui to set it all up, works great.

you can also now load the grid view epg from akeyboard remote via the f7 key. great for those who prefer to use those.

lastly you will see a new "update" icon in the setting menu, and it allows you to switc between stable/beta releases.. as the software is now mature formuler is gooing open-beta for future betasand this makes opting in very easy..

lastly the market has a whole new UI, pretty much looks like leanback from "android TV" devices.

Thanks p5yc0n
    Only issue I had was It wouldn't connect to my original server p1.iptvprivateserver.tv or p3
    I changed to p4.iptvprivateserver.tv and it connected fine. Probably a provider issue.
    I gather darkness to please me...

Quote Originally Posted by Captainkangaroo View Post
    Thanks p5yc0n
    Only issue I had was It wouldn't connect to my original server p1.iptvprivateserver.tv or p3
    I changed to p4.iptvprivateserver.tv and it connected fine. Probably a provider issue.
    Not a provider issue. They’ve supposedly found the problem as there were a handful of portals that weren’t connecting. This should also get fixed in the new beta first of the week.

Any guide on how to install these beta?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast