Register

Thread: reinstall Kodi

TV Addicted

reinstall Kodi

Kodi was working fine out of the box. I installed a build and every thing was working fine. Last night it locked up and I could not get it to come back even after a reboot. I uninstalled the app from settings on the home page with the intention of reinstalling it from "market". I found the Kodi app in market. When I hit the download button it changed to "waiting" then "downloading" for about 2 seconds and then nothing. It turned back into the download button. How can I get Kodi reinstalled?
    I did not want to do a factory reset since I am not sure if that would have brought everything back like it was out of the box with Kodi installed, or wipe out more stuff. It sure would be nice if there was more how to info for this box. Over the years I have been able to read from the stickies and posts from the forums for Rocket and NFPS and solve most of my problems with the various boxes I have owned. So far with this Formuler z7 there is very little how to info.
    Thanks
    hapy

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Can You d/l it onto a Flash Drive or Memory Stick etc, maybe even a Sandisc and connect that to z7 You have...?!?

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by 4me2c View Post
    Can You d/l it onto a Flash Drive or Memory Stick etc, maybe even a Sandisc and connect that to z7 You have...?!?
    I was able to get a copy through Google play store, but I am having a problem installing the build I was using. The build is on a usb drive and Kodi will not open unless the usb is in the z7. The first time I installed this build it was a clean install. I will continue to work on it. I am a little frustrated at the lack of info for this box. If anyone knows of a site with more help with the z7 please pm me.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hapy View Post
    I was able to get a copy through Google play store, but I am having a problem installing the build I was using. The build is on a usb drive and Kodi will not open unless the usb is in the z7. The first time I installed this build it was a clean install. I will continue to work on it. I am a little frustrated at the lack of info for this box. If anyone knows of a site with more help with the z7 please pm me.
    the z7 is similar to the T2 dreamlink
    Not alot of people in the Western Hemisphere own these boxes as of yet. And maybe is why some info may be lacking

loading a kodi build thou is generic for all boxes. Loading thru USB can be a bit tricky. I am sure there are ytube videos that will show the process step by step, and it does not have to be for the z7 specifically.,but should be for the correct Kodi version that you have on that box.

Could also be that the previous build was not uninstalled completely and is stopping the new build from being installed ???
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5cB4BBqMME

TV Addicted
    Crazed 2.0,
    Would you recommend a software reset?

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by 4me2c View Post
    Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5cB4BBqMME
    I watched that video. The feature that allows the user to go back to a previous show the day before and watch it is missing from my box. That feature would make a big difference to me. I also noticed that the remote was different than mine. Are there 2 versions of this box?

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    resets never hurt when one is having issues

A reset will wipe any builds from your system too, so you can start fresh.

The Fomuler boxes are in fact from europe, but they do have the North American versions too, which is what you should have.
    I think the remotes may be different with each version and the pre-installed apps would prolly be different too.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    I think I'll try a software reset first. If that doesn't do it, I'll try a factory reset. If that takes me back to what came out of the package, I'll be a happy camper. One thing about having issues is you tend to learn a few things.