Direct Line/No Router

Can I run directly from my internet to my AVOV ?
    And not use a router -- ?
    thanks ..

Depends on your setup, but why would you want to?

If you use coax internet there is a chance you cannot- if your provider bound your connection to your pc mac address.

If you use a simple single port dsl modem it will most likely work.

If you have a wireless of satellite connection it's up in the air.

IMHO, get yourself a router and be able to network your pc, stbs, and other devices at once. Ebay is cheap if money is tight FYI

What happened is: I ordered an AVOV 2 from --- and they were having licensing issues, so they sent me a complimentary AVOV 1 - - they actually arrived within a couple days of each other. I had the 1 hooked up, then, unhooked it and hooked up the AVOV 2. It was working fine -- but, wanted to try and use them both -- so, moved the 2 to another TV .. but -- could not get the IP address to pull in the "correct" IP address .. so, thought I'd just skip the wifi on it and use a hardwire/Ethernet .. hooked it up, turned off the wifi on THIS unit . .still could not get it working.

I do have a Router - -but -- I'm in the process of changing internet services, so - -at the moment I have two internet services -- so, thought I'd just run a hard wire to the AVOV 2 via the internet service that will eventually go away in a couple weeks .. esp., since I couldn't get the unit to work {again} with either the wifi or hooking up a hard wire and the Ethernet.
    thanks !!

cant you add the ip address you want

Quote Originally Posted by asft View Post
    cant you add the ip address you want
    I went into the 'Ethernet" setup, and changed it from DHCP to Static, then, input the IP address, sub-net and gateway info [left the DNS blank] then, changed it back to DHCP and exited out hoping that would do it .. [this was when I had it hard wired from using Ethernet and the router]. Still, would not connect to the internet.
    That's when I tried to just go direct from the soon to be turned off other internet service, but still would not connect.

Only thing - -other than I have no idea why I can't get it to work with the Ethernet and or straight wired without a router - is, I have the AVOV 1 in the same room .. and it's working just fine -- And it's not that I don't like the AVOV 2, but, I think its 50/50 for tv/movies and games. Hand too arthritic for games, so, really don't need it for that.

Still, it would seem to me that even if I use the same router, and #1 via WiFi and #2 using Ethernet, it should work .. but, perhaps my thought processes are out of whack -- a good possibility!

try the google DNS in that field..... 8.8.8.8
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

you should learn how to use kodi on avov2 now wifi or Ethernet works fine did you add you password to the wifi setup