Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bulletproof

Smile Kodi 18 Leia is now in Alpha1 stage

Today March 5th 2018, Kodi is now in Kodi 18 Leia Alpha1. Was just released today. It is at the Kodi site. Fixed a lot of bugs. But "not finalized" for the final release. But soon it will. Still has a few bugs. andkaal

thank you and agree with you lolkof
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Bulletproof
    Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighter View Post
    thank you and agree with you lolkof
    You are very welcome, kof andkaal

Chief Officer
    There is some problems with leia and our set up . potato tv will not activate iptv simple client or epg i got a new box with leia 18 . potato tv work's fine but the simple client gets an error at tools I will try to copy all the info to simple client from 17.6 client and see if it works later today unless some body has a fix

I've tried a number of addons and none of them would fully install. ....dependency problems...with the most resent
    If anyone got any addons to work...make a list and post it here

get active
    I have tried Kodi 18.0 Lela version and it doesn't appear to be ready for prime time. I will wait for the reliable and stable version to be released with the hopes of it being more versatile and compatible with the addon apps that I use. Meanwhile 17.6 is working fine and you know what they say about things that aren't broke ............don't fix it or look for things that are broke or unreliable.

Bulletproof
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwood View Post
    I have tried Kodi 18.0 Lela version and it doesn't appear to be ready for prime time. I will wait for the reliable and stable version to be released with the hopes of it being more versatile and compatible with the addon apps that I use. Meanwhile 17.6 is working fine and you know what they say about things that aren't broke ............don't fix it or look for things that are broke or unreliable.
    Just giving you and update on Kodi 18.0. It is in Alpha stage. "Not finalized". Bugs still there. Just remember that final release is what to load. But there some who want to experiment with it. (Nothing wrong to play with) Maybe 2 more stages to go, before a final release, then it still may have to be improved. I'm not pushing it, just an update. I Agree with you Deadwood Kodi 17.6 is working fine and has the final release done. Thanks andkaal

Bulletproof
    As of yesterday Kodi 18.0 was updated to Alpha 2. Lots of changes. But remember, it still a work in progress. I "would not" use it until in Final released stage is finished. Not worth it unless it's in final release. Still use the 17.4 or Kodi 17.6. andkaal

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    I ran across this :

" How do I upgrade from v17 to v18?

Main page: Installing

ANDROID USERS: Don't uninstall an earlier version of Kodi/XBMC before installing the new version. Uninstalling first would remove all of your settings. Just install the new version and it will replace the older version and retain your settings.

In most cases you can just install Kodi v18 over Kodi v17. All your settings and library are saved and will continue to work in the new version. See Installing for specific install instructions.

Most basic (video, audio, etc) add-ons that worked in Kodi v17 should still work in v18.

If you have any issues (settings not being copied over, blank screens, etc) when updating from versions older than v14: remove the new version, install the older version of Kodi/XBMC from
    Code:
    http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/
    , and then upgrade to the next version. In other words, if you have v14, first install v15 and run Kodi, Quit Kodi and then install v16 and run Kodi. Quit Kodi again and install v17, then run Kodi. Quit Kodi again and install v18, then run Kodi."...!

In case anyone is Interested in what to Load Kodi 18.0 on...!

what i was reading kodi 18 need firmware 17.1 or higher to work right is that true

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast