Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    get active
    Quote Originally Posted by Laslo View Post
    It's freezing terribly for many of us. There are many posts over the last few days. This is always the way it works. After weeks of complaints they'll finally do something, but not until things are in crisis mode. Nothing else buffers, just this impossible to watch service.
    Whenever you post, its best to include specifics like make, model of the device you're using and if there is a sub category for that make and model, post the issue you're having. Whenever you see a change, it usually indicates somebody is working on the software, the hardware or the service to try and make things better. I have noticed that there is a new epg or channel listing which may or may not have something to do with the freezing. I have only noticed some freezing on 9209 which was quite annoying. I decided to try Kodi and an addon to get to world wide tv which has the same channel in HD and there was no freezing. This "suggests" the freezing does have something to do with the server or the service and perhaps your box. I have noticed the more ram, the more rom, the more cores and the more or better gpu a box has, the less freezing. I have had some devices with 1gb of ram, 2 gb of ram and they tend to be a whole lot worse than the boxes I'm using now which have 3gb or ram but then they also have more of the other things I mentioned. I use a 25mb internet service with no user or bandwidth limits and found this to be quite acceptable for the service even when there are several devices using the service. I do use a docsis 3.0 modem and an AC router which also helps keep everything online without bottle necking or adding to the freezing issues. Best to do whatever you can to limit these issues from starting at your end but posting details on your box does help others to respond with their experiences with the same box.

I was hoping this silliness would end. That used to be the strategy: "Tell them it's at their end. It'll buy some time." Since there are no real certainties in life, you have taken the easiest path. But

I'm using the system on a native app with one box, with Kodi on another box and with Kodi on a computer. Every single one of them is buffering like crazy. They all started buffering a few days ago at the same time. The same time, in fact, that others started reporting the exact same issue. Every other streaming resource is operating perfectly. There are no issues with HD movies from Netflix or Amazon. Youtube is streaming without event. There are no issues with other IPTV services/apps. It is just THIS service. There is always the chance that a rogue node on the internet has gone bad and no one realizes it and many of us routed through that same node...but I doubt it.

TV Addicted
    Personally I doubt nothing when it comes to the internet.... All I have is a whopping 6 meg down. But if person one says he is freezing.... then person two shows he isn't... Pretty much rules out the service and puts the blame on someplace between you and them. (Or memory or any other possibilities as mentioned in a post above). Not saying they don't have trouble. Just saying if they were actually down like described all the time around here, this site would crash from all the people getting on to find out whats up. (And that has happened before if I remember correctly). Last fall I had major problems. I got so ticked off I called my ISP. They informed me that they were laying new lines in my area, (Fiber optic) and surrounding states. Speed wasn't affected. However packet quality was. Work was completed first of this year. (About a month behind...) Anyway service here has been great since. So like I said. Too many variables. Finally when they have had trouble, they usually get something posted in the announcements section in time.

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Did any1 get to watch, in it's entirety, Monday Night Raw last night without any Freezing...?!?

see i have friend that tells me all time he gets freezing but it his internet that dose that not box too test that i gave him my box and guess what he got freezing really it what internet you have that gave him problems that what i found out please it not the box or server it what your on sometimes and guess what he changed providers and no more freezing there are days yes but not 5 times a week or more then its you for most part sorry to say that but it true

look try change dns to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 do that in the router if you can read up on it in google and we had post about it here reboot router to and see if that help and try a ip address not auto one
    Service. Google Public DNS operates recursive name servers for public use at the two following IP addresses: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for IPv4 service, as well as 2001:4860:4860::8888 and 2001:4860:4860::8844, for IPv6 access. The addresses are mapped to the nearest operational server by anycast routing.
    Last edited by Marley; 03-07-2018 at 03:45 PM.

Same thing here, NFPS started freezing/buffering badly last Friday and was unusable over the weekend. It was still bad but noticeably better Monday morning but reverted to unusable by midday & it's been the same since - better in the morning, bad by midday.

My analysis:

The variable nature of it suggests that it might be traffic based. However, I have another service on the same machine - NFPS on Stalker, the other through a video addon - and it remains solid while NFPS is freezing. This does not prove that the problem is with NFPS since the programming is most likely taking different route to get here but it does prove that there is nothing wrong with my equipment or internet connection.

The most common excuse for freezing heard here is that the problem is not with the source but with the route taken to get to us. Note that while nearly every NFPS channel is freezing the so-called "free" channels (Arirang, C-Span, France 24, & The Weather Channel, for example) work perfectly without buffering. I'm pretty sure that those signals travel the same route. Once again, this suggests a problem with the source.

When there is a problem of this type the first thing I try is another portal. I was on p5 and it changed me to p4 which showed no improvement so I changed portals again and it gave me p5.. again. I just tried four times while writing this and it is still toggling me between p4 and p5 as mentioned earlier in this thread. Several people on this forum have recently mentioned portals 1 and 2 so I assume that I am restricted to 4 and 5 for some reason. Perhaps the reason we haven't had more people reporting the freezing is that it's not happening on portals 1-3.

So in summary, I have no problem with my equipment, evidence suggests it's a source problem, I cannot try another portal and I cannot try another route since for some unfathomable reason NFPS won't let us use a VPN. I'm stuck with no service and no recourse.

It would be nice if an NFPS rep would weigh in here but they don't seem to check this forum. We are treated like mushrooms.
    Linux, Kodi 16.1/17.6

Junoir Member
    Today 03/08/2018 portal s1 and s2 are freezing for more than 8 days we reset the server, change portal nothing work still freezing all the time every three minutes, please tell us if are something someone can do to solve this problem, it is very sad what happening with this services. I have Mag 254 speed 57mg.

There is nothing you can do. It has happened to many people over the last week. Until something is done at the server end, we'll be going through this. It is exactly the way things played out the last time. At one point, when enough people were complaining, they did work on the servers and got things back in line. Hopefully, it won't take very long before maintenance is undertaken again.

The service is much improved today - about 25% of the channels freeze/buffer but the rest are perfect. The fact that some freeze and some do not proves that it's not the route taken to us, it's the servers. BTW, I changed nothing (well, I did get a new donation number in the hopes that it might allow me to get a different portal. It did not, I'm still stuck on p4 or p5 and everything still froze).

Kudos to the techs, this is progress. it looks like they are working on things after all.
    Linux, Kodi 16.1/17.6

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast