Thread: Buzz TV

Junoir Member

Unhappy Buzz TV

FYI for those interested you can run the Buzz TV app on the MyGica boxes with a little modification to the apps manifest.

Cheers

Shark1959

TV Addicted
    Interesting, are you able to expand on how this was done and what MyGica models this is known to work on?

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 85146 View Post
    Interesting, are you able to expand on how this was done and what MyGica models this is known to work on?
    Sure once I get back to my PC later today I’ll post what I did to get it working on my 586, it’s the only MyGica box I have. I don’t see why it wouldn’t work with other models though once the app is tweaked a little.

Cheers

Shark1959

TV Addicted
    I found your thread on zeta so will follow there or here, wherever you like.
    Cool stuff!

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 85146 View Post
    I found your thread on zeta so will follow there or here, wherever you like.
    Cool stuff!
    Yup that works too, as I was just going C&P here. One minor thing is the app keeps asks to update but, I haven’t been able to get it to do and it keeps asking. I’m going to extract the current version from my Buzz 3000 and see if I don’t get the pop up. I think that should work.

Let me know how it works for you.

Cheers

Shark1959

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    C/P here would be great, instead of having iptvtalk as a gateway to other site

just saying
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member

Unhappy This worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 2.0 View Post
    C/P here would be great, instead of having iptvtalk as a gateway to other site

just saying
    Here's the C&P for anyone that's interested

To start you need an app called "APK Editor Pro" which isn't available in the Google store but, you can find it here:
    Code:
    https://apk-editor-pro.en.aptoide.com
    It has to be the Pro version from what I've read.

Once you have the APK editor installed on your MyGica box, watch this video and follow what he does with regards to modifying the app. This isn't the Buzz TV app that's being modified in the video but, the method used worked for me.

Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cjt5ObW_Yxw&t=154s
    Cheers

Shark1959
    Last edited by shark1959; 02-25-2018 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Removed live links

Quote Originally Posted by shark1959 View Post
    Yup that works too, as I was just going C&P here. One minor thing is the app keeps asks to update but, I haven’t been able to get it to do and it keeps asking. I’m going to extract the current version from my Buzz 3000 and see if I don’t get the pop up. I think that should work.

Let me know how it works for you.

Cheers

Shark1959
    Why don't you upload the latest Buzztv App when you get it to dropbox or mediafire ...so others can try...Some people may have a MyGica but not the Buzztv Box.....................

Thanks..........................

Junoir Member

Unhappy Update

Quote Originally Posted by floder2 View Post
    Why don't you upload the latest Buzztv App when you get it to dropbox or mediafire ...so others can try...Some people may have a MyGica but not the Buzztv Box.....................

Thanks..........................
    Hello:

I was finally able to get back to working on this little project. As mentioned in my earlier post I was able to extract the current build of the Buzz TV apk ver. 1.6, though when I tried to modify the manifest, the apk editor just sits there with a message stating its loading. I left it for 4 hours and there was no change, so I'm guessing its not going to work. Not sure whats changed between version 1.5 and 1.6 but, whatever it is, its not allowing the manifest to load so you can make the changes needed. Maybe someone else here with more knowledge in these matters could find a way to make it work.

As far as the message popping up to update and then the app doing nothing, I went into the settings of the app and turned off "notifications" and that seems to have helped.

For those interested in trying to make this work here's the Media Fire link:
    Code:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/q18o1hwlyb3ke8x/Buzz%20TV%20Ver.%201.6.apk
    Only thing I did notice is that version 1.6 is about 7 mb larger than 1.5.

Cheers

Shark1959
    Last edited by shark1959; 03-02-2018 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Spelling

Junoir Member
    Hello,

I've tried using the file Shark1959 uploaded on a MyGica updated to Android 7.1.2 Nougat, and the app installs just fine, but doesn't load. Buzz TV recently released the XPL 3000 updated to 7.1.2 as well. Does anyone have it, and can extract the recent build and share here (through Media Fire or Dropbox)? Just trying to figure out how to get it to work.

Thanks!